Friday, September 27, 2013

Islands (1-year auto-renewal)

IslandsIslands Magazine is a must for the travel lover. Each issue features stunning photography, articles from people who have visited various world islands, and advertisements on popular travel destinations around the globe.

The articles covered in this magazine usually focus on popular islands for travelers, like the Caribbean, South Pacific Islands, Hawaii, etc. But on occassion, the magazine features other islands, too, including those that are not as popular as tourist destinations like the Balearic Islands, Ceylon, Madagascar, and others.

There are LOTS of advertisements in this magazine, and that might not sit well with some readers who prefer more articles and less selling. But the ads are helpful to the reader because they often include bargain prices. There are also classified ads from other readers who have island vacation property to rent.

If you like to travel and you love water, then Islands magazine is a great publication to read. The photography alone makes it worth while. It will tempt you to head to the nearest travel agency and book your tropical beach vacation asap!

I'm a canadian girl (picture snow-filled childhood) currently living in Seattle (picture gloomy, dark, rain filled days --10 months of the year). Until 3 years ago, my husband and I were living in the virgin islands, and before that, I spent several years in Trinidad. Imagine my sunshine withdrawl. Sometimes I think we truly must be crazy to have left. This magazine is a regular fixture in our bathroom, and I practically stalk the mail man, waiting for it's arrival each month. While I can't afford a real tropical vacation every time I need one, Islands gives me a great quick-fix, allowing me a glimpe of the island life I dream of one day returning to. With stunning photography and wonderfully written island profiles covering every corner of the globe, this is the best subscription I've ever ordered. I'm hooked for life. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was because there are (in my econo-travelers opinion) too many advertisements for high-priced resorts.

Buy Islands (1-year auto-renewal) Now

This is the only magazine I subscribe to I love it because it has wonderful timeless images of places and people which simply exude calm, chill, beach bum latitude attitudes. There's little cultural or political commentary here; these destinations are described and presented simply as perfectionist's paradise which may not be reality, but it makes me want to hop on a plane and go. Photography is top notch and there is a section at the end of every issue giving travel details for each island described (including local costs, times, and places to stay and eat.

Read Best Reviews of Islands (1-year auto-renewal) Here

The photography is fantastic. I love the shots of tropical islands, clear blue sky, soft white sands, palm trees, and crystal ocean water. Basically, paradise on display. Period. Unfortunately, everything else about the magazine is disappointing: The articles are junk, usually full of random babble which provides no real insight into searching, planning and executing a vacation. The advertising is marginally better, but the options are all limited. I can (and do) get more useful information from my travel agent, discount travel magazines & brochures, word-of-mouth, and the internet.

I thought this magazine would be a great "virtual" vacation every time it arrived in the mail. The problem was that it only lasted about 15 minutes, the amount of time it took to read through the entire mag. The one claim to fame, however, for Islands magazine is that it introduced me to my honeymoon destination, the South Pacific, many years ago. Even with this, though, the most useful information was found on the internet.

For about $15/year, this isn't a bad deal. But, if anyone knows of a magazine with Islands' photo quality, and useful articles, please post.

Want Islands (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

This magazine is in part a magazine of dreams. If you have ever dreamed of getting away to an island paradise, then this magazine is for you. All of the articles and photographs are of island destinations. Enjoy your taste of paradise! This magazine covers islands in every part of the world including Hawaii and the South Pacific islands.

Save 70% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment