Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Running Times (1-year auto-renewal)

Running TimesAs I write this review, there are only two reviews of Running Times right now and I feel like I need to add my two cents. A big reason I subscribed to Running Times was based on these two positive reviews.

I subscribed to Runner's World before I had ever heard of Running Times. I wanted even more motivation to get out there and run distance, so I subscribed to both. Running Times concentrates too much on athlete runners and "destination spots" to run... like Hawaii or the Rocky Mountains, places that have beautiful pictures but are of no interest to me and my running. Furthermore, Running Times concentrates on individual races and results with more detail than I care for. I really don't need a one-page article on the Chicago marathon. I find the occasional article about eating better or training for a better 5k/10k/marathon in Running Times, but those articles are pretty sparse.

I grab an issue of Runner's World and it's the complete opposite. I get information about training, eating, injury prevention, stretching, etc. It has the same kind of race calendar as Running Times for the 5 and 10k's that I want to run. It's information that I can use as a runner. If you'd rather get information about how to improve YOUR running and not stories about running, stick with Runner's World.

I am writing because I believe the most recent review of Running Times paints an inaccurate picture of the magazine. From my perspective, Running Times is a much better resource than Runner's World for serious runners, serious athletes, AND the rest of us who are serious ABOUT our running.

My experiences with Runner's World make me think about the thousands of people who "run" road races all across the United States. I put run in quotes because there are plenty of people who run races to finish the race, very noble goal. Runner's World provides quick suggestions for making longer races interesting (i.e. take a camera on a secenic race course and take some pictures). Great idea to get people out for races, but not a good idea for someone who wants to improve their race time. Gallowalking will get you to the finishline, but if you have been training appropriately, it will not drop your race times.

My experiences with Running Times tend to make me think of those people who want to drop a minute from their 5k PR. Whether you are running 21 minute 5k's or running 16 minute 5k's, Running Times will provide runners who are interested in improving their running with the information they need to improve. Pete Pfitzinger in particular brings an incredible wealth of scientific and real-world training and racing knowledge to each issue of the magazine.

I highly recommend Running Times to anyone who is serious ABOUT their running.

Buy Running Times (1-year auto-renewal) Now

This is a great running magazine, probably the best there is out there. If you're looking to subscribe to Runner's World, please do yourself a favor and don't. I was subscribed to RW for years, and every magazine was practically the same (how to get faster quickly! how to loose the fat! What to eat!... etc. and the thing is it keeps repeating itself forever).

RW is kind of a fashion-running-magazine (what nike was to running shoes until about two years ago when they decided to forego fashion and restart making serious running shoes).

Running Times, on the other hand is a serious a magazine as you can find in the subject (with the occasional -but better researched and written-article about the fat, and the secret of getting faster).

Subscribe to this, and buy on the newsstand RW a couple of times a year... you'll be set.

Read Best Reviews of Running Times (1-year auto-renewal) Here

"Running Times" is for runners who compete either against others, or who simply have a great desire to run well.

Well written, and cleanly organized, you'll read about the training methods of top runners, and the top techniques for meeting a specfic goal.

Marathoners and 5Kers will find that there is a lot to be learned from each other's distance, and they'll have the chance here.

For stats junkies, the people who love to read who won the Juniper Days 5K in Upper Nowhere City... oh, the feast you will have! As a stats junkie myself, I thumb through the times quickly before devouring every detail.

I fully recommend this magazine.

Anthony Trendl

Want Running Times (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I recommend this magazine to really learn techniques to improve your running level. There is not alot of filler in this small magazine. I find that this is the magazine I don't circulate with friends because I like to keep the articles for future reference. I learn something new each time.

Save 60% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment