Thursday, July 17, 2014

Piecework

PieceworkI am a Costume/Textile Conservator. I have graduate degrees from two of USA's top institutions. I have worked at the top museums of the USA and Italy over the past 35 years. I have been reading Piecework since it's inception. I had subscribed to the sister publication: Spin-Off since that magazine's inception.

About Piecework: You the reader will always find at least one well illustrated, scholarly article that interests you in each issue. Personally, I find all the articles fascinating and many doors have opened to me in the textile field as a result of reading the articles.

Furthermore, the more textile experts reading this publication also means the more scholarly articles will be published. I recommend this highly, even going to far as to make it mandatory reading for anyone in the costume/textile conservation field.

This magazine is absolutely the finest in the needlework and related handwork fields. As a member of the Embroiderers' Guild of America (and a beginning handweaver), Piecework is my favorite magazine. Not only is the handwork of other cultural traditions honored and explored in depth, the history of these traditions (including our own) are expounded upon by experts in the field. Also included are beautiful projects to make which are related to the articles in each issue. I highly recommend Piecework to anyone with an interest in any aspect of fine needlework.

Buy Piecework Now

For anyone who loves any kind of needlework, this magazine is the most satisfying around. I am primarily a knitter but love learning about the roots and history of all needlework. These are well researched articles and are usually accompanied by patterns of the genre. I love this magazine! Interweave Knits

Read Best Reviews of Piecework Here

I'm a lifelong needlework enthusiast; started embroidering as a five year old, learned to knit and crochet and sew in middle school. I still do a lot of needlework. This magazine has wonderful historical articles (I even contributed one myself, on parlor piano music with knitting as a subject, encouraging war knitting) and I certainly love reading the articles on how needlework is enmeshed in American history.

There are a few projects in each issue--small items that demonstrate a technique that is unfamiliar or lost, or a vintage item recreated. I've made a few of these, more than a few, and this adds to the enjoyment. If you like knitting, crochet, tatting, embroidery and other needlework techniques, you should check this publication out.

Want Piecework Discount?

I absolutely love the lace projects and the other projects are gorgeous!!! The articles and history are wonderful!! My ONLY reason for 4 stars is that I wish there were more resources for further instruction and materials and tools! Other than that this magazine is stunning and very educational!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment