Friday, July 26, 2013

Christian-New Age Quarterly

Christian-New Age QuarterlyThe "Christian-New Age Quarterly" magazine has helped realize I am a Christian even though my beliefs aren't orthodox and I certainly don't interpret the Bible literally.

I couldn't accept many of the Christian messages I was taught as a youth. How could a God of unfathomable love send--or allow any of His children to choose--a fiery hell forever? Designing a plan for his "only Son" to suffer and die so everyone is saved didn't make too much sense to me either. Original sin, only one way to salvation, a literal devil, one lifetime only it was all just too bizarre and nonsensical to me.

Over the years, I developed a deep and ecletic spirituality based on Eastern philosophies, native wisdom sources, metaphysics, and contemporary research like near-death experiences. I was very comfortable with this blend but figured I probably didn't qualify as a Christian anymore.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered the "Christian-New Age Quarterly" and many people who had also merged spiritual wisdom with Christ-centered teachings. Reading insightful writing by pastors and theologians with open hearts and minds helped me realize I am a Christian. My own particular mix of New Age, liberal, enlightened, and widely encompassing Christianity makes the most sense to me. I'm grateful that this magazine has provided a wider sense of faith, knowledge, and fellowship.

I discovered Christian * New Age Quarterly when a dear friend loaned me a copy. In it was a fascinating book review about feminine spirituality in early Ireland. Since subscribing, I"ve realized that the name C*NAQ in not incongruent.The combination of Christian and New Age content in every issue reaffirms that we ARE ALL ONE, simply taking different paths to enlightenment. When my issue arrives, I turn first to the "Pensive Pause," always insightful and upbeat. The book reviews offer enticing glimpses at a wide variety of topics. C*NAQ proves the adage that "good things come in small packages." The content is thought provoking and relevant to the 21st century. There are no sound bites or gratuitous glitz, just perceptive articles written for me to think about and apply to my life. Try it. You'll like it!

Buy Christian-New Age Quarterly Now

Discovering C*NAQ reminds me of when I found my "Not Your Mother's Green Bean" recipe. In other words, C*NAQ content, like the new recipe ingredients, were a far cry from the traditional green bean holiday casserole and the Christianity I was fed as a child. Simply put: Canned vs fresh. Devoid of the fat and preservatives, you can really taste the natural goodness of fresh beans in the recipe. Reading C*NAQ, you can savour Christianity unadulterated by dogma and doctrine. On the New Age side, it's the same story. New Age thinking is presented as a philosophy for living and progressing on our individual path to oneness with Spirit. Stripped of emphasis on incense, tie dye, and crystals, New Age thinking has astonishing appeal for and many common threads with modern Christianity. C*NAQ is good hearty food for the soul!

Read Best Reviews of Christian-New Age Quarterly Here

Having been raised a Christian a long, long time ago -but now more a student of Buddhism and other new edge philosophies -I must admit I initially had doubts about reading this publication. However, since subscribing to Christian*New Age Quarterly about a year ago, I have found every issue to be just the right blend of traditional theology and new age ideas.

Catherine Groves has the ability to attract some of the most insightful writers on the subjects at hand -and the discourse that results has always been helpful to me. (Coincidentally enough, each issue always seems to have some particle of wisdom or truth that focuses on an issue going on in my own life as I am reading it.

So it's easy for me to see why this publication has been going strong for 20 years -its brilliant ideas and polished writing make it a worthy companion to any other spiritual books you have in your library today.

And after a grueling day in the "real world", reading C*NAQ can be a breath of fresh air!

Want Christian-New Age Quarterly Discount?

This is more of a newsletter than a magazine. The articles are interesting, but not intriguing. I get the impression it is "published" on a mimeograph machine in someone's basement. The subject matter is not the problem. I have been looking for a publication with just this subject matter. This is not what I've been looking for, however. I was hoping for a more professional magazine with meatier articles. I'm not going to cancel my subscription, as I am an optimist. However, I'm not sure I'll renew when the time comes.

Save 4% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment