Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fruits - Japan

Fruits - JapanDon't purchase subscriptions from Amazon or Magazine Express.

The following are my experiences with a subscription to Hiragana Times from Amazon.

This page doesn't tell you is that the Japanese magazines subscribed to on Amazon and filled by a company called Magazine Express are shipped SEAMAIL from Japan which mean you'll recieve every issue 8 to 10 after it's released.

I placed my order in January and it to date have not recieved a single issue. After several phone calls, the Magazine Express people (who fill the Amazon subscriptions) said they had to restart my subscription for the May issues which will take 8-10 weeks due to shipping issues. So after ordering in January, I will not receive a single issue of this uncancelable magazine until possibly in late July. Very poor service.

This is unacceptable for a magazine that most US Japanese bookstores can get within a week or that you can order directly from the publisher for ony a few dollars more. If I had known the shipping policy I would not have ordered and the magazine supplier, Magazine Express will not cancel the subscrition.

I advise avoiding ALL Amazon magazine subsriptions due to their poorly stated policies.

**Update, I wrote this review in June. It is now July 8th and I've just been informed I must wait until August 15th to see if an issue arrives. I ordered the magazine on January 9th and I have had no resolution from either Magazine Express or Amazon who provides no way to contact anyone within Amazon about magazine orders. I reiterate, buying magazines from Amazon if a poor idea.

This is a great magazine---to get once. Maybe twice. Each page features 1-2 people in their hip fashions. But the stuff...it isn't that spectacular. After so many pages of the same type of fashion, involving long jackets and clothes-over-clothes, high boots or knee-high socks, you feel that it doesn't really matter anymore.

If you are REALLY into fashion, and the punk style in particular, then this is fitting. If you want it because you have a love for Japan or fashion is just a thing that you do, then it isn't worth the price for all of them.

Buy Fruits - Japan Now

Get STREET, FRUiTS, or TUNE mag at www.fruits-mg.cit

Shipped to your door super fast for $120, that's $60 less than they sell it here.

http://www.fruits-mg.com/xnew/e/index.html

Read Best Reviews of Fruits - Japan Here

No comments:

Post a Comment