Thursday, July 25, 2013

Seattle

SeattleWell, in the November issue last year, this magazine had a spa getaway section. Now I know why so many people were in La Conner the last time I was there. There is a top-secret spa hiding there. Who knew! I love La Conner and had no idea there was a day spa there.

They also featured the "Salish Lodge and Spa" at which you might find me drinking tea with my parents on a lazy afternoon or having dinner when I'm feeling like splurging on a gourmet dinner. They have redecorated, however they still have a wonderful fireplace upstairs. I spent the first night of my honeymoon at the Salish Lodge and I can't wait to stay there again. They have deep baths and the entire experience of staying there is just luxurious. Anyway, this magazine tells you where to go and gives you ideas for luxurious getaways now and then. Oh and don't forget Rosario. When my aunt took us away for the weekend, we had our toes painted while sitting out in the sun.

If you are thinking of visiting Seattle, this is a good magazine to keep handy so you can find out about treasures like the Elliot Bay Book Company or Pike Place Market. The Dining Guide will lad you to places you only thought appeared in dreams. If you are in Seattle, go to Palisade. There is an amazing view, gourmet food to die for and even a fish pond with a cute bridge you can walk over. We love this place for family parties. Ray's boathouse has an upstairs café we love and then there is the Metropolitan Grill where you will taste steaks that have been grilled over mesquite coals. If you want to go all out and enjoy a nine-course feast, try The HerbFarm that is now located in Woodinville. Chef Jerry Traunfeld also makes amazing Lavender cookies and the recipe is in his HerbFarm cookbook.

This magazine inspires thoughts of staying at the Edgewater hotel and watching ferries sail by on lazy rainy days. You will always find intriguing features, talk about the town and a section on enjoying the good life of food and entertainment.

~The Rebecca Review

If you enjoy Seattle, you'll love this magazine.

It covers the latest news in food, art, culture, and much more.

Buy Seattle Now

In February I wrote a review that I had been waiting for more than a month at that point for my subscription to start. It actually came out to 3 months between my credit card being charged and the receipt of my issue. But that was only the start of the waiting.

The magazine never arrives before the first of the month. It never arrives without me first seeing on the newsstands days before hand. It's now September 18 and I've yet to receive my September issue. I emailed their customer service a couple months when it was late in arriving. I was told they had shipping problems. They seem to have shipping problems every month.

I won't be renewing this subscription.

Read Best Reviews of Seattle Here

No comments:

Post a Comment