Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Custom PC

Custom PCGreat pc magazine for the enthusiast or the open minded starter. Very detailed reviews with a reliable simple layout. My only complaint is that this is a european magazine, so some of the products they review aren't to avaliable in the US and prices are a bit different. With that minor complaint aside this is a helpfull and fun read. Its a newer magazine, its only been on the racks a little over 2 years but for what thay have accomplished in this time is none short of a wonderfull, solid, enjoyable reading experience.

I ordered this magazine in mid-November. The magazine just got here finally two weeks ago. I had better get all of my issues through this subscription, or there will be trouble... That said, this is the best English-language computer enthusiast magazine in the world, bar none. PC Format is too expensive (I don't need a DVD disc of stuff that I can download on my own). CPU is just a shill for whoever pays them nowadays, their articles were boring, and their hardware reviews were not detailed enough anyway. PC world has a good privacy watch section, but their hardware reviews are nonexistent save for whatever desktop they liked that month (stupid benchmark charts are useless). Maximum PC is okay (I have a subscription), but they need to sell it without the DVD also... actually, I think I'm going to order a subscription through Amazon here to avoid renewing for $29.95... CustomPC goes in-depth on things that really matter, like the anatomy of a CPU/GPU, or what power supply is the most efficient... It IS expensive, but I think its well worth it. Update 2012: James Gorbold, the editor of Custom PC, has left the magazine (replaced by Ben Hardwedgie), and it has greatly changed as a result. It's more like Maximum PC, reporting on a lot of stuff I don't care about, like smartphones (I know about Spybubble and Stinger). They have given more space to Mr. Leather and his modification tutorials, so that's a positive. But I find myself fondly reading past recent issues more (8-core AMD processor issue, etc.). The magazine has become more "emo", with guys writing articles literally apologizing for being male. I don't know if I will be renewing.

Buy Custom PC Now

No comments:

Post a Comment