Sunday, September 29, 2013

Boys Life

Boys LifeI was surprised at the low reveiws for this magazine and had to write to say that my three boys (ages 10 to 14) fight over who is going to read it first when an issue arrives. We've not subscribed to any other magazine that my boys are as enthusiastic about.

This magazine is a great one. My son (age 7) looks for it in the mailbox and when it arrives he reads it cover to cover. He particularly likes the section about scouts saving their leaders or scouts helping scouts. It is an interesting book. It has badges you can earn at times and hints and helps and advice for a variety of scouting type activities and events.

Enjoy.

Well worth the money.

Buy Boys Life Now

My 8 year old son is obsessed with this magazine. He spends a good portion of his free time scouring over his new & back issues. It really keeps his attention & keeps him quiet! He always gets so excited when a new one comes. Well worth the $ if you have a boy who likes scouting.

Read Best Reviews of Boys Life Here

This is my 9 yos first year of Cub Scouts (Webelos), and we were all very excited for this new opportunity. I went ahead and ordered Boys Life when I registered my son for scouts, looking forward to a monthly magazine that would reinforce the Scout values. I am very, very disappointed. The amount of advertising is disturbing. It seems that for every 1-2 pages of content there is an equal (if not more) amount of advertising. The few articles that I've read have been interesting, but not at the expense of over-exposure to pop culture and media. Shame on you, BSA, for failing to reinforce the values that your organization promotes during den and pack meetings. One look at this magazine, and the values I see promoted are consumerism and video gaming. This will be the last year that I waste $24 on this magazine.

Want Boys Life Discount?

This magazine is inundated with advertising. The few articles that do exist are saturated with trend ideals and sparcely include the moral values that the Boy Scout organization is said to imply. I am disappointed that the BS organization is willing to be associated with such junk, and supports yet another venue for exploiting funds from its particpants.

Save 44% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment