Sunday, September 1, 2013

Car Craft (1-year auto-renewal)

Car CraftCar Craft has a nice mix of content some high end feature cars, low buck tech tips and even some humor. They cover old engines, new engines and older cars, but what stops them from hitting five stars is the lack of new platform content. 60s and 70s iron is rare and expensive, and if you are looking for ways cars not from that era, there is precious little car content. Newer engine information is present in spades, and there is still plenty of excellent general technical advice that all enthusiasts will appreciate, so it is worth the subscription price. Finally, Car Craft brings some irreverence that is sets it apart from other publications and helps keep it light and fun.

I've been a Car Craft subscriber for the past 5 years and have had an opportunity to review some of the older issues as well and I have enjoyed them all.

They tend to have a nice mix of interesting new products, well done cars, engine/body tech, and other interesting articles. They covered the LA street racing scene recently and it was a great article. I'm a big fan of their junkyard crawl section (which unfortunately has been missing from the last couple of issues!) done by Steve Magnante, the walking car knowledge encyclopedia of Barrett Jackson fame.

My favorite thing about Car Craft is that they give you a great rundown of what is actually in a car for components. As I build my own muscle car projects, I want to know what others are using in their cars. I find that specific information about components in a car is missing from other mags, but not CC.

I have only two minor quibbles with the magazine. First is that I am a Mopar guy at heart and find that Car Craft sometimes devotes a bit too much space to Chevys, especially Novas and Camaros. However, I can always appreciate a nice car and I still enjoy articles about nice/interesting examples of those models. Second is that they do a lot of coverage of West Coast shows and meet and greets, but little to nothing from the East Coast. I realize that they live on the West Coast, though, so they can only cover what is around them, but its still a bummer for an East Coast guy...

I must disagree with anyone who calls it Car Crap. Each and every issue which I receive gets read cover to cover within a few days of receiving it and I bet you will find the same phenomenon occurs when you subscribe to it as well!

Buy Car Craft (1-year auto-renewal) Now

I had problems with missing issues for Car Craft magazine due to an address change. Several e-mails did not correct the problem.

Read Best Reviews of Car Craft (1-year auto-renewal) Here

This is a fun, informative magazine. I enjoy reading it and getting the info on how to upgrade my Mustang. This is good since they don't focus only on Mopar or Chevy or Mustang.

Want Car Craft (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I bought this subscription several years ago for my car-fanatic husband. He looks forward to every issue. I love the auto-renewal because I don't have to worry about renewing it every year when I know he will want another subscription!

Save 83% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment