Sunday, October 13, 2013

Delicious Magazine

Delicious MagazineThis is a great magazine full of all kinds of recipies. Easy ones gourmet, mid-week, low fat. We have had a subscription for a year and we cook most of our meals from it. The only thing you need is to print out a converter as the recipies are done in the UK and are in grams not ounces. Order it. you won't regret it.

I absolutely fell in love with Delicious. while studying abroad in London. The recipes are (for the lack of a better word) absolutely delicious. I scoured high and dry in my tiny town to (somehow) find the newest issues. I was not let down and a subscription is definitely worth it :)

The amazing photography and use of bright colors within the magazine give it a great vibe and I look forward to reading it every month (it's almost like a fashion magazine for food :D). The recipes to be easier to make, but still as tasty, as other culinary magazines (I didn't renew my subscription to Food & Wine (1-year auto-renewal) since Delicious. has ruined me for all others ;)). I definitely make good use out of this magazine and am constantly trying and reusing recipes from here.

As the other reviewer as stated, you will need a conversion chart (or even a scale) to make these recipes since the measurements are Imperial but it's worth it!

Buy Delicious Magazine Now

I love this magazine. The photos are gorgeous. The food and recipes look "delicious". It's well written and a joy to read. It's just so damned expensive here in the US, it's cost prohibitive to subscribe to.

Read Best Reviews of Delicious Magazine Here

I became familiar with this magazine while we were in South Africa. It really raised my cooking game. The recipes are so much more intricate (but not that much more difficult) and more varied than in the US food magazines.

There's been a little bit of a dip, I think, since a new editor started; somehow her quest to "freshen it up" took some of the depth away from it, but I still think it's the best cooking/food magazine published. My second vote, surprisingly, is TASTE magazine, published by Woolworth's, which, in South Africa is a gourmet supermarket and classy department store. Both magazines really get your imagination going and inspire you to cook things that really are "over the top" without being ridiculously difficult. Given my work schedule, if I can't make it in 20 minutes (except for those very special occasions), I'm not interested.

Yes, the subscription is ridiculously expensive. It's something I consider an extravagance, but given how much of a positive effect it has had on our daily meals, and the fact that my husband doesn't even want to go to restaurants anymore "because your cooking is so much better," I figure we're coming out ahead economically. You can easily spend the same amount for a nice dinner these days and for the subscription cost of this magazine I get many, many more good meals out of it in a given year. I read it slowly, one page at a time, while eating. Always a pleasure.

If you just can't bring yourself to spend this much for the printed magazine, at least visit their website delicious.co.uk for some inspiration.

Want Delicious Magazine Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment