Thursday, December 5, 2013

Digital Photo (1-year auto-renewal)

Digital PhotoI got a deal for a one year subscription for this magazine and I'm on my second issue. For the price that I paid, I'm not too disappointed. However, I don't know how happy I'd be if I had paid full price for this.

The magazine is more ads than articles. This would be understandable because advertisement is the lifeblood of print media. The disappointing part is that most of the few articles are also cleverly disguised gear ads rather than advice on techniques using existing gear that you might already have. Usually if they are giving advice about techniques you can apply, they recommend using a new, recently released piece of equipment. For example, there is an article on how to take macro photos. The article basically has blurbs on several different macro lens but doesn't explain any techniques or insights.

Also, with such a huge focus on gear, their 'reviews' are also basically ads. They don't really discuss pros and cons of equipment but discuss the purpose or specification of a lens, tripod, flash equipment, etc.

I can't say it's a total waste. There are a few inspiring photographs and I did learn a few things here and there. However, it would be nice if it had a bit more substance.

This one is worth passing up, unless you really like looking at gear ads.

I got this subscription for my daughter who'd just made her first big splurge on a Canon T4i. My hopes were it would have some nice articles (and photos) and plenty of good tips to help her 'find her photo style'. Instead it's loaded with equipment ads and articles. I'd have no problem if equipment was balanced with artistic and technical substance -'how-to's', if you will -or if there were a few artistic methods with accompanying photos thrown in.

I give 2 stars because for the price, I don't feel like I've totally thrown money away (though I do feel bad for the trees who gave their lives...).

Buy Digital Photo (1-year auto-renewal) Now

This magazine is basically a vehicle for manufacturer ads with a few "how to's" randomly thrown in, with little rhyme or reason. If you want to learn the basics of photography you'd be much better off going to your public library or buying a basic book or two. If you want a better overview of current cameras and lenses, go to or subscribe to Popular Photography. Even at a cheap rate, this magazine is just a rag.

Read Best Reviews of Digital Photo (1-year auto-renewal) Here

Great magazine to get killer ideas from! If you are a photographer, student photographer, or hobbist this is a great magazine to get.

Want Digital Photo (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

If you're looking for a really good photography magazine then this ain't it. I've been receiving Digital Photo for about a year and it sometimes has good articles. Other times I scan the magazine, find nothing worthwhile, and trash it. I won't renew.

Save 66% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment