Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cigar Aficionado (1-year auto-renewal)

Cigar AficionadoOnce upon a time, this was one of my favorite magazines. The reason was simple. I love cigars and this was a magazine primarily about cigars. The cigar content now, though, seems often to be an after-thought. The serious articles of the past have given way to more and more ads and articles about watches and shirts that cost more than the gross national product of much of the world. Too much now is about frivolous celebrity culture, devoid of any cigar-related content. If I had the slightest interest in how some actor/singer/athlete lives, I would read one of those magazines. While I will still occasionally pick this up, and still do find the occasional exceptional article, I have now turned to Cigar magazine for my cigar-related content.

When this mag started, it was the perfect (cigar) man's read. Delightful mix of politics, travel, but we always got a full plate of Cigar info.

In recent years, the mag has relied more on 'puffery' and doubled the amount of ads. It's still a decent read, but hardly what it used to be, and barely worth the (discounted) subscription price. I almost gave this a 3, but the very recent issues might be showing an uptrend.

Buy Cigar Aficionado (1-year auto-renewal) Now

as stated this is mostly adds and articles about pricey toys. don't waste your money. go to famous smoke . com and check out what people think who aren't receiving add money.

Read Best Reviews of Cigar Aficionado (1-year auto-renewal) Here

This magazine is rather interesting as it should come with a socio-economic rating because you need to have a certain amount of wealth to appreciate it. It's not for middle class guys like this reviewer as, even if I wanted to, I could never afford most of the stuff advertised in these pages. In the last issue, I read about vacation ideas which I may or may be able to afford in 30 years--provided I'm still alive. Ads for Porsches and the like are rather lost on me. It does keep its promise though as it focuses on the good life and all which this phrase encompasses. Unlike Maxim or GQ, it's short on women and big on stuff. All the accoutrements of the playboy lifestyle are on parade here. One could spend a fortune even if they took seriously only half of these suggestions. I even saw a ski jacket for $2,500; it must be nice to have that kind of disposable income. Anyway, the cigar content is thorough and interesting. I do wish that there were more articles about cigars in general as opposed to ones concerning particular brands and ratings. Overall, the quality of the features and production is excellent even though it will have limited appeal for the average person.

Want Cigar Aficionado (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I asked for this magazine last year as a birthday present, I have read this magazine at the store and friends homes. In addition to interesting stories about cigars and the industry this is a magazine about living the good life. You dont have to be a millionaire to do that and they cover all income levels of the good life. I read it cover-to-cover each month . . . what a great magazine !!

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment