Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cottage Journal

Cottage JournalThis magazine is so wonderful!! Chocked full of wonderful decor and recipes!! The reader who said that it was cottage is using her description of what cottage is to define what she feels is cottage. . .but her definition of cottage only encompasses a portion of the market and they are concerned with the whole market. . .to me cottage is more of a feeling. I love all kinds of cottages. . .beach, mountain etc. Each has more of specific feel but all are cottages. Magazine is great you will not be disappointed unless you are expecting only one type of cottage.

I simply adore the first Winter issue of The Cottage Journal! It is so nice to have a winter-themed issue in addition to the Christmas/holiday-themed issue. Everything about this magazine is warm and cozy with tons of fireplace and cabin settings along with snowy scenery. It is definitely shows cold weather cottage style and decor. I only wish I could visit and recreate the rooms shown! I am looking forward to seeing the Spring issue with all its pretty floral-themed cottages and bright colors!

Buy Cottage Journal Now

Just gotta say this magazine is NOT my idea of "cottage". I like quaint, shabby, charming, cute, pretty, vintage, antique, cozy, etc. To me those words define the "cottage" look. So I subscribed.

I just received the winter issue of Cottage Journal & it is, in one word, BROWN. All the pictures are brown brown wood, brown furniture, brown dishes, brown fabric, just brown. Now that is just not cottage to me. Where is the quaint, the chintz, the white, the cream, the shabby, the vintage, the cozy??? the pink, the aqua, the yellow, the green??? Have these people ever seen cottage decor? I will say this is a really good quality magazine with tons of pictures, nice & large, cover to cover just not pictures of anything I would want to copy in my own home some are downright ugly. I don't get it they should have named the magazine whatever is opposite to "cottage" journal. I will not be renewing my subscription $24 for 6 issues.

Read Best Reviews of Cottage Journal Here

No comments:

Post a Comment