Sunday, January 12, 2014

Curve Magazine

Curve MagazineIf you're lesbian you are probably already aware that it can be difficult to receive news and information pertaining directly to you from other periodicals. This magazine succeeds in covering this void that is often ignored by other media publications. CURVE delivers news, entertainment, human interest, and travel features focusing exclusively on the lesbian community. I have read this magazine for many years and have found it to be an invaluable resource. With a conscious effort to include racial, class, and ability differences I believe CURVE appeals to virtually every lesbian audience. It is mailed in a black wrapper to protect privacy (for those who are concerned). Despite my praises there are downfalls. Issues are not published every month and the magazine's short length can be a disappointment. But regardless, I continue to subscribe to CURVE because I feel it is well worth reading.

I'm a recent subsciber, but I think that Curve is a must need for every lesbian. I'm a teen whos just now comeing out, so this magizine has helped me view the lesbian world and feel comfortable with my self. It helped show me the culture behind being a lesbian rather then a bunch of wild lesbain sex which is often the way socitey portrays lesbains. It is definatly a must have.

Buy Curve Magazine Now

Curve has all the lastest & greatest news on just about anything you can think of on your favorite lesbian's. There's alot of humor in it. They also have top picks for books, CD'S & DVD'S. It's just pack with all kinds of interesting things.

Read Best Reviews of Curve Magazine Here

Yes, like every other dyke in America I watch The L Word. But too much of the content of the magazine is about the show and it's actors: straight and lesbian. Give us a break, there are too many smart,strong,talented lesbians that would be of interest to focus on one TV series.

Want Curve Magazine Discount?

I recently emailed Curve to try to get a subscription. I have a gender-neutral name, and the editors assumed I was a man. Well, I am not. They told me that I was probably looking for a different magazine, because they are a lesbian magazine. They gave me the number for 'American Curve' magazine instead. I am really offended. Even if I had been a man, why should men (fathers, male relatives, and friends of gay women) be excluded from subscribing? I hate when some lesbians act out this stereotype of man-haters. My wife and I have plenty of male friends, and those friends would probably pick up an issue of Curve and flip through it just to see what's going on with "our people".

This really hurt my feelings.

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment