Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Taste of Home (1-year auto-renewal)

Taste of HomeDO NOT SUBSCRIBE to this company...they will try to advance bill you for stuff you didn't order. I placed and paid for a one year subscription from Amazon.com ($5). After that I received a few bills from them for an annual cookbook I didn't order..when I didn't fall for their advanced billing tactic they then sent a letter from an "in house" collection agency called North Shore Agency. When I called to complain they "forgave" my balance and said I didn't owe them anything. This appears to be one of those scams where they fraudulent bill you and then try to scare you into paying for something you didn't order. Calls to customer service were nothing but a run around..IF YOU ORDER BEWARE!!

Taste of Home came out in the early 90's...I think. I even have a copy of the original issue. I was a fan/subscriber, back in the day. I loved the concept of the magazine...absolutely no ads, pictures of all recipes, and different contests, such as the recipe contest and finding the hidden "toothpick". They also had a section for "Can You Help Me?" where other subscribers put in requests for certain recipes and readers could reply to them. There were so many unique features about this magazine, that made me fall in love with it. I subscribed for a number of years. I'm not sure when the magazine decided to change everything. Without knowing these deletions and additions, I ordered the magazine recently. I just got my first magazine. And nothing is like I remembered. There are ads, and articles, and none of the things I remember. I just went through the issue that came and I pulled out two recipes (out of the whole issue) that I would possibly make. What an absolute waste of a great concept for a magazine. Taste of Home...you've really disappointed me. I won't be renewing my subscription.

Buy Taste of Home (1-year auto-renewal) Now

Why didnt they leave well enough alone, i hate TOH now, too much stupid advertising...i miss looking for the toothpick. I will not be renewing my membership, after 10 yrs... Hopefuly they get the hint and go back to the older versions.

Read Best Reviews of Taste of Home (1-year auto-renewal) Here

I subscribed to this magazine a few years ago and it was wonderful. I haven't subscribed in several years but decided my mom would love this so I ordered it for her birthday. She just received her 2nd copy and I checked it out while at her house. It was horrible. What happened to this magazine? It was thin, the recipes were nowhere near as good as in years past. Even the recipe cards were useless. I was embarassed that I got her this for her birthday. I will NOT be renewing.

Want Taste of Home (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

This magazine is definitely not the Taste of Home (TOH) it used to be. I had a subscription but did not renew because the recipes are not as good, the content has changed, there are more ads and it just isn't as enjoyable to read. It's OK but not what I expect from Taste of Home. From reading the other reviews Im not the only person who feels this way. If you are new to TOH and aren't comparing it to the older TOH you may not be as disappointed by the current publication.

Save 40% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment