Saturday, July 19, 2014

Greensource : the Magazine of Sustainable Design

Greensource : the Magazine of Sustainable DesignDon't let the great cover photos fool you. This magazine is all advertisement. It does not have any good articles. It is only a source book with the same products. It should be sent out free.

I read these magazines cover to cover and find they are full of great information for those interested in sustainable design. There are articles on those in the field and what they are doing but what I find most interesting are the case studies. These studies are absolutely inspiring and full of helpful knowledge.

I will say the first time I ordered a magazine, Architectural Record, from McGraw Hill (publisher of Green Source and Architectural Record) I never received my magazine either but I cancelled it and got all of my money back. I decided to take the chance with them because I was really interested in this magazine and was not disappointed.

Buy Greensource : the Magazine of Sustainable Design Now

I do have to agree with the other reviews about there being a lot of ads. However, I am not complaining. That is one reason that I subscribe to magazines actually. There is a lot of innovation in the sustainability field and at times it is hard to keep up on new technology that is available. I am a renewable energy systems installer and like to know about new technology before my customers do. That is why I really like this magazine. There are also some pretty complex ideas that I have came up with and this magazine was the spark for those ideas. Would I recommend it to someone outside the field? Probably not unless you really like to be on the cutting edge. Unlike tv's or computers, most of these technology upgrades require a significant an investment, especially when retrofitting. Hope this helps.

Read Best Reviews of Greensource : the Magazine of Sustainable Design Here

I enjoyed this magazine but find I no longer have time to read the many magazines I receive so I let my subsription end.

Want Greensource : the Magazine of Sustainable Design Discount?

I ordered this magazine in November and I still haven't received 1 issue (April 5th). It is supposed to come every 2 months, it was scheduled to ship in March (10th)... so they have had plenty of time. At the very least, this magazine must be very unorganized.

No comments:

Post a Comment