Friday, August 1, 2014

Network World

Network WorldNetwork World is a professional magazine I have been reading for more than a year and it is one of many professional magazines I read on a regular basis. I don't make a living working as a tech professional anymore (I once worked in a position that was close to this field), but I spend enough time using technology on both on the job and at home that my interest in the subject remains high. Most everyone is affected, at least in a small way, by technology at their place of employment and thus most anyone can benefit, at least a little bit, from the helpful articles found in Network World each week.

Network World is a little different from other magazines in several ways. First, each issue is the same length, so it can be counted on for consistency. Second, it doesn't contain "departments", in the usual sense. It still has some of the usual areas that most magazines have, like Letters to the Editor and a closing page that gives the reader food for thought. But other than that, you won't find the usual departments found in other magazines. Instead, Network World is divided into main sections of articles, and these articles are often quite different from one issue to the next.

Since I don't work directly in technology, many of the articles in Network World hold little interest for me. The Applications Services section, for example, often includes articles on redesigning networks, diagnosing problems, and improving performance. These are nice for people who work in the high tech field, but I find them quite boring. They are often very occupationspecific and they will only interest those individuals who make a living in the world of high tech.

However, there are other parts of Network World that do capture my interest and my favorite articles each week are those that relate to technology news. These articles can be business oriented in scope or new product oriented and they never fail to get my attention. When I see titles of articles that include names like Microsoft, Oracle, and others, I always turn directly to the page to see what the article has to say. I come in contact with these types of businesses on a daily basis when I use their products and I am very interested in what new products or advice they have to give.

Network World is, overall, a pretty good publication for those who have any interest in technology. It will be enjoyed most by those who make a living working in high tech. But even for those of us who make our living in a different way, Network World still has some good reading to offer. New products, new challenges, and timely technology business news are the hallmark of Network World and they are the reasons I will continue to read this magazine.

There are few printed periodicals I regularly read anymore and Network World is on that short list. Both working and aspiring IT professionals can benefit from the industry analysis, technology reviews, and editorials found in every issue. Like most magazines these days, there is almost a 50-50 split between content and ads, but that is a sad fact of life for print media in the Internet age. Still, techs and sysadmins should find both the articles and the advertisements worth reading.

Buy Network World Now

Nice magazine to keep you updated with the latest of the state of start technology in Computer Networking.

Read Best Reviews of Network World Here

No comments:

Post a Comment