Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pastel Journal (1-year)

Pastel JournalI accidentally happened upon the August 2005 issue and couldn't believe the cover was a pastel. I have dabbled in pastel recently and quickly snatched this up. There are lots of beautiful photographs of contemporary works with features on the artists' themselves, some of which have step by step photos of how the work was achieved. The downside is that there are only 6 issues per year. The back of the magazine has an extensive listing of pastel courses/workshops/exhibitions throughout the US and internationally, taught by prominent pastelists.

I'm amending this review. I got a subscription and the delivery was horrible. I often did not get issues unless I emailed the company, or they came very late. It seems as if they're extremely disorganized I'm not sure what's going on, but I did not continue my subscription. Beware!

I find this is worthy of a subscription to keep up with info, artists names, and some excellent art. I find some issues have artists with horrible compositions, weak or incorrect values, inconsistant light sources, or temperature control in paintings. I am open to abstracts, tight realism, loose impressionism, surrealism, etc but ALL SHOULD have correct design principles and fundamentals. About every 3 issues is a winner with 7/8 of the artists strong but some of the other issues you are lucky to find 1/4 that don't look like they are a novice.

Buy Pastel Journal (1-year) Now

This is generally my problem with art magazines. I have better luck with instructive videos when it comes to painting and drawing.

Read Best Reviews of Pastel Journal (1-year) Here

Pastel Journal first issue arrived before Xmas!

What a surprise for my artist friend. She

called right away to thank me. Said it was a great gift since with each issue she learns and is inspired.

Nothing could please me more than to hear the gratitude in her voice.

Thanks Amazon for fast processing!

Want Pastel Journal (1-year) Discount?

I bought this with the intention of reading Pastel Journal on my rooted Nook. I was disappointed after purchasing this when I found out it's only compatible with Kindles or iPads not the Android Kindle app. The print version of the magazine is great though.

Save 25% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment