Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks

Pillsbury Classic CookbooksI subscribed to this magazine when I found out that over time, I'd accumulated over 20 issues of it just picking it up at the checkout counter at my local grocery store every now and then. I must admit, even though the subscription is a bit pricey, it is a great buy and to me at least, worth every penny. I await it with great expectation each month wondering what tasty novelties they've come up with next.

The format of this magazine is like a really great cookbook. Every recipe has a picture, is very clearly stated with its ingredients and steps of the procedure, even nutrition information and it also includes useful tips on measuring, ingredient substitution and the like.

The recipes range from old classics to trendy new stuff to try if you've got adventurous tastebuds. I completely love it and experiment thoroughly with it. I recommend that you try it too sometime.

My only complaint, if any, is that they sometimes get carried away suggesting the use of Pillsbury products as main ingredients, if you can't find one or an acceptable substitute, you can't go on! However, it's infrequent that they do so and in no way a reason not to subscribe to this great magazine.

I'm a sucker for comfort food. I was raised by my single father who was an atrocious cook. Every Sunday we would go over to my grandmother's house for dinner and that was my sanctuary from his horrible tasting meals. She would make fried chicken, meat loafs, home made lasagnas, fluffy mashed potatoes, banana cream pie...you know...comfort grandma type food. Well these magazines have those kinds of meals; just real good, simple yet delectable hearty meals.

They always put a bit of a spin on the classics. For instance in this months issue they put mozzarella cheese sticks in the middle of their meat loaf. Or they have a fried chicken recipe in a previous issue where you bread the chicken in taco seasoning. Then they have several completely original ideas like chicken breasts cooked in apple juice, baby carrots, and honey mustard topped with peanuts (it sounds strange, but it's to die for). I have yet to make a bad meal from these books.

They have pictures for every recipe; which I love. I'm a very visual person. It can't just sound good in order for me to make it; it has to look good too. They also list the nutritional information on each recipe as well. This is great if you are counting calories or carbohydrates.

They've had issues on tones of different themes like brunch, low fat cooking, desserts, hamburger, potluck, casseroles; the list goes on and on. Every month is a different theme.

I have made food for bake drives, potlucks, family gatherings and it never fails for people to comment on my cooking and ask for the recipe...never. These books make me look like I really know what I'm doing in the kitchen LOL.

Buy Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks Now

No comments:

Post a Comment