Sunday, August 3, 2014

Vogue (1-year auto-renewal)

VogueVogue self proclaims to be the fashion authority but alas it no longer is the case. Articles are insipid and tabloid gossip has taken over. If you truly want to see fashion, buy the French Vogue or better yet, "Numero". In the US, I now read Harper's Bazaar.

Condé Nast deserves zero stars for beginning my subscription to two of their magazines with outdated material.

I ordered on Aug. 4 with the understanding the first issues, September's fall fashion issues, would take "4 to 6 weeks" for delivery-that would place it sometime between Sep 1 and Sep 15. Sep 2, I received Aug & Sep Vogue and October of the other magazine. I was disappointed for a. not getting the fall fashion issue of the one mag and b. getting an expired Vogue pre-dating my subscription period, shorting me one issue at the end of my subscription. Not sure if palming off expired issues is an intended cost cutting strategy or just an oversight, but I loath when companies' default position is to screw over the customer, placing the onus upon customers to notice the error and decide whether it is worth rectifying, and waste their time fixing it.

But, when I called CN's toll free CS number the agent quickly and courteously amended my account for Vogue and set the other mag to ship the Sep issue. YAY! 5 stars for excellent customer service!

As far as the magazine itself, I quite enjoy sailing through the pages to see Vogue's take on the current styles in fashion, books, music, lifestyle, etc. While there seems to be a certain predictability and cliqueishness in the designers they advocate, I very much enjoy Vogue's presentation of the garments and the overall art direction. I wish there was a better content-to-advertising ratio, though.

Buy Vogue (1-year auto-renewal) Now

First, let me say that I love getting my magazines from amazon. They're easy and cheapter and there's no constant mail begging to renew at a (higher) rate. That said, I get Elle and Bazaar ($10 each) but forget Vogue. It used to be good-models, clothes, fashion, cutting edge-and I subscribed for years. Now it's celeb fluff or (the worst) some socialite with too much money complaining about how her ballgowns won't fit in her closet and that she picks the kids up from school and not the nanny. Honestly, I'm all about Carine Roitfeld and blame Anna Wintour. Roitfeld has style and Wintour lost it years ago. I miss the old Vogue but cannot reltate to this crap. When I like the ads better than the articles, there's a problem. So I stick with Bazaar, which has better fashion coverage, and Elle, which has articles that are interesting and I can relate to and scrap Vogue.

Read Best Reviews of Vogue (1-year auto-renewal) Here

I'm a thirteen year old boy who's life revolves around fashion. I have tons and tons of magazine subscriptions, maybe ten? But vogue is probably my favorite. Everyone thinks it's just a fashion magazine, but it is so much more. It has everything someone needs, adult or teen. The fashion sections are absolutely fantastic. A lot of people want to see clothes that they cant afford in a magazine, it makes them feel good. And the vogue articles are very brilliant. I highly recommend 110/100.

Want Vogue (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

It is the go-to for fashion, style, beauty, and everything in between. It is the Fashion Bible!

Save 58% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment