Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cq : Radio Amateurs Journal

Cq : Radio Amateurs JournalI enjoy reading CQ for the articles aimed at the beginners as well as more detailed articles appealing to a more seasoned operator. It gives ideas for kits to build, antenna projects and operating procedures for the many different methods todays HAM can "work the world". I look forward to each months copy.

I'll pick up a copy of CQ every once in a while when there's an article of interest, but find it generally too limited. QST is a better general coverage amateur radio magazine the problem being that unless you belong to the ARRL (and get it with your membership), it can be hard to find. On the other hand, you can JOIN the ARRL for about the same cost as subscribing to CQ anyway ... and get a better magazine. My advice is to pass CQ by and pick up the ARRL membership with QST magazine () instead. CQ will be available on the supermarket or bookstore rack if there's a current issue you want.

Buy Cq : Radio Amateurs Journal Now

CQ magazine is an excellent and valuable source of information for Amatuer Radio operators, or those interested in the hobby. Each issue includes informative articles, product reviews and do-it-yourself project ideas.

Read Best Reviews of Cq : Radio Amateurs Journal Here

CQ: Amateur Radio is a magazine geared toward amateur radio operators and enthusiasts. Ham radio is one of those hobbies that can encompass a lot of different specialties such as: Emergency communications (EMCOMM), distance communications (DXing), contesting, clubs, nets, building antenna's, public service, talking with friends, satellite communication, repeaters, weak signal operations, personal safety, etc. Due to the diversity of amateur radio it can be difficult to find a magazine that might cater to areas that you find interesting. This is the main problem that I have found with CQ. Many of the articles do not interest me or pertain to my areas of ham radio. CQ in many respects is so global that it just does not relate to me.

Reasons why CQ does not work for me include:

Too global

Not enough relevant articles that satisfy my interest

Tons of advertising (I know, a necessary evil)

Some articles are not well written or edited

Overall Assessment:

CQ does not have enough articles that interest me. You may have a different perspective. As everyone has different likes and dislikes I say give it a read for a few months and see if the articles are interesting to you.

Want Cq : Radio Amateurs Journal Discount?

I subscribed to CQ Magazine for two years on 10/22/12. I have enjoyed reading CQ Magazine in the past but my first preference has been and is QST to which I also subscribe.

As of 12/31/12 when our last mail was received am still waiting for the first issue of my new CQ Magazine subscription.

C. Bowers, Kaysville, Ut

Save 35% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment