Saturday, November 1, 2014

Femme Actuelle

Femme ActuelleI absolutely adore this magazine! I first learned of Femme Actuelle in 1994 while studying French in university. A friend in France would send her copies to me in California. The magazine covers all aspects of real French life, focusing on issues important to ever woman (and a good number of men) in France. This is not a glamour magazine, filled with haute couture or haute cuisine that most woman would not wear or prepare. This is an everyday magazine, filled with fashion and food recipes that you can follow with ease, all rooted in proper French style and sensibility. Each weekly publication gives the reader a window into every day French life and is almost as good as being in France. Well almost!

My husband bought this magazine for me last XMas, and ordered it before Dec 20, 2006.

The magazine was supposed to arrive 4 to 6 weeks after. I called numerous times as by the end of Feb, still no news of the magazine.

The staff at Amazon Magazine Service was non efficient, clueless and rude.

I received my 1st magazine on April 8.

Since then, the magazine does not even arrive on time or close to on time. I usually get it 1 month to 1 month and half later than the due date.

We paid about $175 for a weekly magazine that I could get at a much lower rate through relatives in France and much faster too. So just be aware if you plan to get Femme Actuelle, find another company and make sure the magazine price includes in the price a non "snail mail" delivery. The magazine itself cost about 56 euros ($79) and with the rest of the money they make, they can not figure it out in 1st class mail

Very sad, as Femme Actuelle is a very good and fun magazine. Not again will I order a magazine through Amazon.

SandrineCorte Madera

Buy Femme Actuelle Now

No comments:

Post a Comment