Monday, December 1, 2014

Fast Company (1-year auto-renewal)

Fast CompanyA ground-breaking magazine when it first came out, Fast Company kind of fell apart after the Dot-Com bubble. It was almost like they stopped employing journalists. Now it seems to be finding its way again by focusing on leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity rather just on the latest technology craze (there are blogs for that). This is a worthwhile subscription to have if you are interested in what's happening now and what's next in today's information economy.

Fast Company is a magazine that focuses on recent trends in business and technology from a very socially-conscious point of view. The design and format of the magazine are very appealing, and before I subscribed to it I would regularly browse it at "Borders" or "Barnes and Noble." Since I am a gadget freak, the section on the latest products and tools was always one of my favorites. The magazine tends to focus a lot on the persons behind the headlines, regularly profiling many of the industrial movers and shakers. Oftentimes, however, persons that they choose to profile are of dubious distinction at best, and the articles about them have a very strong puff-piece feel to them. On top of that, the companies seem to be eager to ascertain their socially-conscious bona fides by appearing in a positive light in this magazine, so there is also a strong sense of articles coming across as if written in conjunction with corporate PR machines. Nevertheless, the quality of writing for the most part is pretty high, and there are many interesting and stimulating stories that are worthwhile reads.

Buy Fast Company (1-year auto-renewal) Now

I recently canceled my subscription to Fast Company. I receive more magazines than I probably should and Fast Company was always the one I would get around to if I finished all the others. Although Fast Company has had some pretty interesting articles, I just can't stand reading an article or reading up to their constant fascination of the 'war between Apple vs. Facebook' or any of the other battles between larger tech companies. Who cares. Those articles become very stale and unoriginal. Fast Company is like the groupie for the dot coms or tech sector, whenever a small company like Zynga comes around, they think they're going to transform the world. They also have a lot of lists, which also gets tiresome. Their list of creative people issue pretty much takes up the whole issue, leaving nothing but some short descriptions of people. I don't want to completely bash the magazine because they occasionally do produce an interesting article being one of them. Also, I am a big fan of the infographics they have on their website. Since my feelings are somewhat mixed about Fast Company I would say it would be a good one to just pick up at the stand from time to time.

Read Best Reviews of Fast Company (1-year auto-renewal) Here

along with WIRED, i feel that Fast Company is one the few maverick publications left in this merger and recession world. Even if you don't agree with the articles or predictions, at least every one is well-thought out and INTERESTING.

Want Fast Company (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I really enjoy this publication. It puts marketing and growth strategies within reach of those of us who fall asleep reading other business Mags. I've learned a ton and have been able to bring some of what I've learned to my job. It also helps consumers understand the marketing forces being put into play to capture their loyalty and their dollar.

Save 76% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment