Friday, January 2, 2015

Chess Life

Chess LifeChess Life is the official magazine of the United State Chess Federation. A serious chess player cannot be without it.

It appeals to all levels of players, both experienced experts and masters as well as beginners. Even elementary school players will find resources here they can use and learn from.

In terms of the quality of production, it is growing and improving and pretty decent now, though that was not always the case before.

While compared to world-wide standards, Chess Life is fairly tame, you will be surprised however, by the amount of politics and jockeying found in the upper levels. FIDE is the real area, to see this at work, but the USCF has it tempests in tea pots as well.

Chess players can be passionate, and while arguing and jockeying for the strength of particular lines of play in analytical variations, combined with arguments over the fairness of tournament settings and how they affect one's country or favorite players, you may feel at times like you're watching a session of the United Nations! Fun, but it can be disconcerting for someone not used to it.

I almost gave it 5 stars, and I wish I could give it 4 1/2, but there's just some room for improvement still and I hope they continue to advance and grow and find some more balance.

I certainly recommend subscribing to it however, if you want to improve and grow in your chess.

This is the best U.S. publication for chess and perhaps the best in the world. I have purchased or subscribed to most chess magazines in the U.S. and have purchased many from other countries as well. This magazine is probably the best for analysis, news, photos, tournaments, etc. You also get this as part of your USCF membership with magazine, a required membership for playing in U.S. rated tournaments. If chess is your game, this is your magazine.

Buy Chess Life Now

I love this magazine and find it entertaining! Its also helpful to brush up on various openings. There are numerous exercises and games to study and play through. I particularly like the "Solitaire Chess" game-if you are interested in chess, get a subscription!

Read Best Reviews of Chess Life Here

I have wanted to check this magazine out for a long time. I received my first copy long before I thought I would be getting it. Very interesting and informative. Thank you.

Want Chess Life Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment