Saturday, August 17, 2013

Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic GuitarIf you love to pull out that acoustic and knock off a few songs when the world seems to be going crazy and your soul needs the healing energy of music, then you should read this magazine. It provides good product reviews, playing tips, and song tabs. Also helpful are tips for tuning up and maintaining your guitar so it stays in the best playing condition. Although I am not a fan of magazine ads, the ads in this magazine are cool because they provide useful information about new products and services that would otherwise be difficult to discover. The interviews with top acoustic players like James Taylor, Neil Young & Bert Jansch are also a big plus. In all honesty, I do not read every issue--I grab issues when they have something I am interested in. In sum, if you are serious about playing that Martin or Gibson sitting in the corner, then read Acoutic Guitar every now and then--you will learn something!

Most guitar magazines are about mainly equipment and to a lesser extent, the thrash/metal/punk/whatever hero of the moment. "Acoustic Guitar" is different. It does talk about equipment, sure, but the primary focus has always been the music and the artists.

I have a couple years' worth of "Acoustic Guitar" on my bookshelves, unlike another popular magazine that gets read and tossed or given away. I don't save every issue, but I save a lot, as there's so much timeless information and good music to be found. In the few issues withing arm's reach I see a story on the music of "O Brother Where Are Thou?" with an arrangment of "Man of Constant Sorrow". Here's an article on Jazz Manouche and Django Reinhardt, with a tutorial written by John Jorgenson. Another issue spotlights the then-new MTV Unplugged phenomenon, and has a transcription of Clapton's unplugged "Layla".

Issues have covered contemporary singer-songwriters, Cuban "Son" music, African music, 1920s American Jazz guitarists... just about anything that can be played on a guitar. Evry issue is a surprise, and even if it doesn't have one of your favorites it'll have something you'll find interesting and useful.

Buy Acoustic Guitar Now

This a good magazine for someone who wants to learn to play folk or fingerstyle music. I have tried all of the other magazines and this magazine as far as content and price are above the rest. That being said, this magazine is only a good suppliment for your guitar learning. Even if you don't desire to do anything but strum an acoustic guitar, I don't think this magazine can be your one source of literature. I would recommend that this magazine be purchased along with one of the mainstream magazines such as Guitar One or Guitar World.

Read Best Reviews of Acoustic Guitar Here

It is wonderful to see a magazine that focuses on the acoustic guitar player. So many magazines seem to zero in primarily on the electric guitarist and rock/metal artists. This magazine has a bit of everything. Interviews with musicians of various genres, music with notation and tabs, and tips on different guitar techniques. It's a great way to get to know artists whom I've never heard of before and seek out their music to listen to.

I don't subscribe to this magazine (I'm a coffee shop magazine buyer), but I do buy it frequently. I'm a new guitarist who owns two acoustic guitars.

Want Acoustic Guitar Discount?

I've been subscribed to Acoustic Guitar Magazine since December 2003. I really enjoy every issue in its entirety. It has a variety of sections such as: Guitar and equipment reviews, artist interviews, Music CD's reviews, music to play, guitar lessons, vintage guitars and history, tips, events etc,. Advertising is always moderate. I am seriously thinking to start purchasing past issues. Good stuff !!Indeed a Great Guitar Magazine !!

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment