Friday, September 13, 2013

Our State

Our StateWhile waiting in a waiting room go figure I happened to pick up a copy of Our State. This is the first time I was happy to be waiting. I was unfamiliar with this magazine, and found the articles and photos were excellently interesting. I scanned as many issues as I could in the time I had. I am a native and found much info I was totally unaware of. I would think it would be of equal, or greater interest to transplants as well.

Although I haven't recieved my first issue on this current subscription, I can say without a doubt that this is the best publication I subscribe to. It takes me to every corner of North Carolina where i can visit quaint little towns, large cities, "locals" that add that subtle flavor, and it carries my memories, no matter where i go.

Buy Our State Now

Being a native to North Carolina, I can say this magazine is very helpful when planning trips to visit places that sometimes, I didn't even know existed. The articles cover towns in great depth and point out places to stay, dine and browse. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. What a great magazine! IF you like to travel and want to find out of the way, tucked away little places with charm and interest, get this magazine!

Read Best Reviews of Our State Here

Consumer demand for the latest and the greatest, the best and the worst, the fastest and the slowest, has led the bulk of periodical publications down the line of "Best Restaurants!" and "Cheap Eats!" and "Ferrari takes on Porsche!" and "Best Colleges!" Few magazines are written for casual, deliberate reading anymore.

Here's an exception. Certainly the best regional culture periodical I've seen, Our State features history, literature, photography, food, architecture, travel, and education within the (huge!) boundaries of North Carolina. This is not a magazine to buy if you're looking to scan the photographs in 30 seconds and then throw the thing into the fire or the "stack." Articles herein feature the best writers from around the state, and cover subtle topics that will require contemplation and reflection.

Of course, we can't forget the lovely photography, as North Carolina presents the photographer with a treasure of natural and architectural subjects.

Want Our State Discount?

Purchase your first copy at a newsstand...read, enjoy, and submit your subscription for continuing enjoyment delivered to your home. You will be a customer for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment