Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bass Player

Bass PlayerIf you are a bassist and you even need to read a review to figure out if this is the right mag for you, best get your head checked! I have subscribed to Bass Player since 1992 and will keep renewing my subcription until I am so old I have to have my assistant read me all the features by my craftmatic lounger. Forget Fox news, Bass Player is fair and balanced, covering everyone from the sad passing of NHOP (greatest upright player of all time) to all the standards like Jaco and Vic. Dont think that you little mall-core kids are not rep'd...all the nu-metal low enders are there as well, even though they suck the rust from under my fretwire. I have always respected this magazine and the writers seem like family...go get this now fool! word.

I ordered this mag in January and here it is, April, and I still haven't received the first issue. I have been on the phone with Synapse and they told me TWICE that they would get back to me with info on my subscription within 24 hours and I still haven't heard from them. The mag is great but the subscription service seems far below Amazon's usual service.

Buy Bass Player Now

While BP does do the occasional article on a straight-ahead jazz player or upright player, most of the editorial content (and what seesm like 90% of the cover photos) are deoted to the tattooed, pierced and punked up shredder of the month. Sure, there's actually a colum devoted to upright playingsort ofbut overall this is a magazine for young rockers. For them, it's great. For me... I'm still looking.

Read Best Reviews of Bass Player Here

Bass Player keeps a good blend of instructional articles, album and product reviews, transcriptions and interviews. Their product shoot-outs and tips from inside the music industry are informative and helpful. All in all, a good mix.

Want Bass Player Discount?

I have always enjoyed the Articles&Interviews with many Bass Players featured in this Magazine.Stanley Clarke had quite a few Interviews I have enjoyed over the years.Marcus Miller as well.great stories on Jaco as well.good reflections on James Jamerson,good stories on Larry Graham,Verdine White,John Patitucci,Louis Johnson,Flea,Bootsy Collins,Charles Mingus,etc... they have covered a wide range of Players&Topics.

Save 79% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment