Saturday, October 5, 2013

People StyleWatch (1-year auto-renewal)

People StyleWatchI'm a big fashion magazine fan having subscribed to magazines like InStyle, Lucky, Harper's Bazaar, Vogue and Elle in the past several years.

People Stylewatch in addition to Instyle is one of my favorites. It's a rather thin magazine, but what you get is lots of good, useful content that is similar to InStyle (minus the gobs of advertisements). Stylewatch appeals to the readers of People magazine (which, I admit, I do not read) and fashionistas who enjoy reading up on fashion, trends and celebrities. What I like about Stylewatch is that it doesn't waste your time with pages of ads, editorials or articles. It gives you pictures, pictures, and more pictures as well as a good look at current and upcoming trends and some great comparison shopping/tips for budget-minded fashionistas. Instead of showing you gorgeous pictures of paper-thin models wearing outfits you couldn't afford, it shows you what celebrities are wearing and how you could wear a similar outfit for much less. It also gives you current trends and outfits in various price ranges, which makes it a magazine that proves that you don't have to make a million bucks to LOOK like a million bucks.

I usually satisfy my thirst for fashion articles by reading Harper's Bazaar or Vogue, but for my quick-fix up-to-the-moment what-are-the-celebrities-wearing-these-days look at the trends, as well as my source for great fashion ideas and tips, I go to People Stylewatch and it never disappoints.

Though creative, I lack natural ability and patience to painlessly put together my outfits. Therefore, I rely on three magazines to keep "frumpy" at arm's length: People Style Watch, Lucky, and InStyle. What these three magazines have in common is their visual approach to fashion: you will not find there silly articles on global affairs written by teenage interns. Instead, you will be treated to lots of pictures of fashionable style setters not only on the red carpet, but, MOST IMPORTANTLY, in street clothing. I believe these to be much more meaningful to an average Earthling such as myself then the overstilized artsy fashion photos one finds in the likes of VOGUE...

I also like the fact that the magazine identifies the brands. I may not be able to afford everything, but on many occasions I have been able to make prudent additions to my wardrobe based on the editors' recommendations, and/or acquire more affordable article based on the "original".

Fours stars only, as I would like to see more fashions specifically for the 30's/40's set.

Buy People StyleWatch (1-year auto-renewal) Now

Like the 30 other reviewers who have rated these jerks one star, I also took advantage of their Black Friday subscription and I'm still empty handed nearly 3 months later. I don't want to deter anyone from taking advantage of great magazine deals through Amazon--I was very pleased with my subscriptions to Marie Claire, Glamour, Oprah, and Entertainment Weekly. They were all delivered promptly. I work at a retailer that sells magazines and there have been two People StyleWatches issued since Black Friday. And still.... nothing. At this point, assuming I ever get my subscription, it wouldn't even be a year. All I know is that not only is People dropping the ball, but so is Amazon. They obviously have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands. I was pleased with my other subscriptions, but I will no longer go through Amazon for this stuff because of their inability to handle poor customer service from their vendors.

Read Best Reviews of People StyleWatch (1-year auto-renewal) Here

Say what you will about InStyle (which I subscribe to as well), I consider People stylewatch a better alternative if you are trying to choose between the two and don't happen to have a six-figure income. People style watch tries to keep it within my means. They don't just highlight designer brands of clothes, shoes and handbags but also review beauty, hair and fashion products that you can buy at drugstores or target. They have a section on cheap chic where they copy a designer look on a budget which I enjoy. So for frugal fashionistas, this is a great companion. I wait for mine to arrive every month and am always delighted to find it in the mailbox. Makes my day.

Want People StyleWatch (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

What I really like about People Style Watch is that it's laid out in an easy-to-read, at-a-glance manner. I subscribe to a lot of magazines for various reasons and often don't have time to look at them all cover-to-cover in one sitting each month. Though I usually have good intentions of finishing them later, more often than not, they get tossed in cleaning sprees before I accomplished that task. But with Style Watch, you can get a lot of info covered in a short amount of time and learn a lot; yet, if you don't get all the way through it before it's discarded, you still got your money's worth. In a nutshell, it's a thin magazine packed full of useful, interesting fashion tips, trends, new products, education, and pictures -all without bombardment of ads or filler like in most other fashion publications. Just like it's parent magazine, People, the pages flow seamlessly. Perhaps Style Watch's greatest asset of all, in my opinion, is its appeal to women of most any generation: not an easy task to accomplish. Personally, I am the youngest of baby-boomers, but I enjoy the magazine as much as the twenty-something women I work with. In fact, for me, the only negative comment I could construe is that there's almost too much detail to absorb every month!

But that's a criticism I can live with:)

Save 50% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment