Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wired (1-year auto-renewal)

WiredThis magazine was really good over 10 years ago, was thick and filled with awesome articles. I find these days it is filled with tons of ads, and not many core computer science type articles. Some of the articles are too futuristic and filled with all pop terms/buzz words and not much substance. I like a simple, powerful technological type magazine. Nevertheless, it is one of those magazines that cater to a tech crows. I like MIT Technology review far better than this magazine.

I subscribe to only 1 magazine: Wired. I am an older female, not the typical demographic, and although I have always loved techy stuff, Wired goes far beyond that to cover an amazingly wide array of topics. The articles are in-depth and educational. Even though some terminology and subjects (like gaming) are beyond my interests, I find myself reading every issue cover-to-cover.

Buy Wired (1-year auto-renewal) Now

Given that you can get any and all information from the web and in real time I have dumped all my magazines or switched to digital versions. Wired is the one I can not let go of. For anyone why loves technology this is the newsweek equivalent. It is packed with great articles.

Read Best Reviews of Wired (1-year auto-renewal) Here

The only thing I would really like Wired to improve is their access to the digital version. I've been a happy subscriber for years, which means I can access the digital version as well as the print that is delivered to my house. Problem is, I don't own an iPad or a Nook; since I have a Nexus 7 I appear to be out of luck. This just doesn't seem right and I hope they resolve it very soon.

Want Wired (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I have to say that I get my copy of Wired for free. It is simply not worth subscribing to.

Why? The writers either fawn excessively over some product or person or they are so naive that they believe anything a celebrity/writer/etc tells them. You could sell them just about any story as real even if it was about aliens in Roswell. I have never encountered a magazine that continually passes off truths based on total hearsay. Ex; the story about Facebook and the movie was ludicrous to say the least.

On the other hand, Wired usually have at least one interesting article in each magazine. As such if you can get a subscription cheap enough, it might be worth it.

Save 67% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment