Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sound & Vision (1-year auto-renewal)

Sound & VisionThis is a pretty good magazine. I notice that they mostly review high end equipment with high end price tags. I might have to look for a magazine that reveiws items more in my price range. I mean common, a projector for $85,000?!

My love of audio (later video) started back in the 60s. I still subscribe to Sound and Vision but it is a pale shadow of Stereo Review, Audio and High Fidelity magazines and their substantive reviews of music and equipment. Likewise the original video magazines are gone as well.

For some reason the British still have great magazines in all categories. Too bad they are expensive and not widely available here.

If you think the equipment reviewed here is expensive check out Stereophile land of $100k speakers and $10k phono cartridges.

Buy Sound & Vision (1-year auto-renewal) Now

This magazine reads like it's just quoting from press releases. It does not seem to be a neutral or well informed source of information.

Read Best Reviews of Sound & Vision (1-year auto-renewal) Here

I've been a subscriber for about 4 years now, and love the topic (Home Theater & Audio/Video equipment), but this magazine has undergone a couple format changes that makes it hard to read.

I think they're trying to appeal to a younger group of people who are obviously more interested in convienance 'hand-held' items, than in audio or video quality.

And this magazine suffers greatly for it.

Too many reviews, and too much coverage of (so called) "lifestyle" products to, like hand held app junk and the like, or remote control of house lights (who cares?), etc.

If there's "not an app for it", or doesn't appeal to someone with the attention span of a squirrel, it doesn't get covered.

Then they when down to only 8 issues a year, seems like its never arriving now...summer months? Forget it!

They were better when they concentrated on the hobby itself, comparitive equipment reviews, and the experimentation that makes it fun.

I'm hoping things will improve with this magazine in the future, (because I've got a lot of months left on my subscription!), but if not, then it doesn't get re-newed when the time comes...

Want Sound & Vision (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I've been a subscriber of this magazine for over 40 years. You used to get a new issue monthly and I looked forward to each and every issue. Then it changed to 10 issues per year and now it's down to only 8. Of course, the price remains the same. I got so used to not receiving it that it was hardly noticeable when I dropped my subscription. The part the toasts me most is that I paid for a 3 year subscription when you got monthly magazines. Then they cut the number of magazines. What a rip. When I contacted the company they hardly seemed to care, and did nothing to rectify my situation.

Save 76% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment