Thursday, January 16, 2014

Opera News (1-year auto-renewal)

Opera NewsI have been a subscriber of Opera news for over 5 years now, and I eagerly look forward to the arrival of each issue. Not only does Opera News provide information about the Metropolitan Opera in New York, but also every major opera house in the world. I feel connected with all that is going on in the world of opera when I read Opera News. The timely articles about performers, performances, and recordings help me to make informed decisons about what to see and what to buy. I highly recommend Opera News to anyone who loves opera.

I've been a subscriber to Opera News for almost forty years. (Now THAT's a sobering thought!) And indeed it is the opera-lover's best friend. There is always a lot going on in the opera world, over and above the performances themselves. And Opera News is a great place to keep up. Of course, it focuses primarily on the Metropolitan Opera and in particular the the Saturday afternoon broadcasts (I'm listening to a delectable 'Don Giovanni' as I write this--'La ci darem la mano').

And for people who are new to the world of opera it is easily the best periodical for easing them into this admittedly difficult (at first) art form. The price is terrific, too.

If you've hesitated before, now's the time!

Buy Opera News (1-year auto-renewal) Now

I am a young singer who is really excited about what's ahead. I love Amazon because I can find everything I need. Opera News teaches me about all the professional artist, I get Classical singer which talks to me as a young artist with audition listings, and Voice Lessons To Go by Vaccarino (two volumes of singing lessons on CDyey!). Now if I could just get an agent of this site!

Read Best Reviews of Opera News (1-year auto-renewal) Here

(2008 HOLIDAY TEAM)I have only recently become an opera enthusiast partially because I realized I needed to be old enough to appreciate it and also because of my intimidation of those who are quite knowledgeable about it. That's why I heartily endorse a subscription to "Opera News", which I find to be by far, the most reader-friendly of magazines dedicated to opera and classical music. It is probably not as comprehensive as others are, but it makes for educational and entertaining reading at a level that would make sense to anyone interested in learning more about opera. Published monthly by the Metropolitan Opera Guild, it naturally places primary focus on the Met's performances, but it also does an excellent job in covering performances at venues around the world. The layout and graphic quality are as polished as any popular entertainment publication.

The feature articles are consistently informative and well-written, especially in their efforts to broaden perspectives on opera relative to other performing arts (e.g., Broadway, early movie musicals) and spotlighting historic performances. Generally showcased as the cover stories, there are in-depth profiles of the leading performers rising, established and legendary. There is also a comprehensive section devoted to reviews of recordings and performances available on CD and DVD, which I find very helpful in prioritizing my own purchase decisions. In fact, I was lucky enough to travel to New York last month to see the wondrous Stephen Wadsworth production of Handel's "Rodelinda" at the Met, and the December 2004 issue (with star countertenor David Daniels on the cover) gave me all the information I could use to heighten my anticipation of that superb performance. If you are a long-time opera aficionado or a neophyte like myself, it would be difficult to find a more worthwhile publication on the newsstands. Also worth noting is the accompanying Web site () that includes online exclusives of particular reviews, easy access to archived issues and daily news updates in the opera world.

Want Opera News (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

A Great scource of information for lovers of opera and classical recital singing. As a singer myself by avocation, it's great to know what the pros are up to, to read stories and interviews from some past luminaries and to see what's up with the regional and international opera scene.

Save 68% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment