Friday, January 17, 2014

Sports Illustrated (1-year auto-renewal)

Sports IllustratedFirst magazine showed up about a month after order date. Price was the best I have ever found. Happy with subscription.

True story. I was a little kid, real little, and I picked up the very first copy of SI from my Dad's pile of newspapers, magazines and junk mail that Mom would throw out over the weekend. I saved it, and saved the rest of the weekly SI issues. Eventually my horde became too large for a small bedroom and I was stuck with saving one or two a month. You know that was a tough selection. Knicks yes; Mets no; Giants always. Teaches a young boy to be discriminating. I didn't have baseball cards in my Schwinn Racer. I HAD 250 ISSUES OF THE BEST SPORTS PICS IN HISTORY IN MY CLOSET.

Years pass. The boy becomes a man at least insofar as Draft Board #1 in Smithtown Long Island believes, and Mildred Yarusso sends me a ticket for my all expense paid tour of Vietnam. A year later, I return. So my life is a little chaotic, as one might expect, a little mecurial, a little off balance, a little noisy. You guys know what I'm talking about.

But one Christmas maybe that year, maybe the following year, I'm in my old bedroom. And I look in my closet, remembering that therein lay a fortune in pics of Floyd Patterson, a snarling Cassius Clay, Joe D (that's Dimagio, not Dumars), Willy, Roy C and, THEY'RE GONE. Mom, I yell, where are my SI's? "Oh, Larry," comes the response from downstairs, "they were so old I threw them out."

Well, it's OK. I mean Hell, all in all, I came out OK. But I still love the magazine. It still has the best writing around, Zimmermann, Reilly . . . the recent article on Jermaine Ewell by Jon Wertheim brought tears to my eyes. Only SI can do that . . . well, yeah, and the Red Sox losing. The sections, Faces in the Crowd, the Inside Sports columns. Like my brothers say, 'it's all good.' I look forward to the next 50. Oh. Yeah. The Swimsuit issue. What's the big deal? Who writes these anti-SI letters every year? Do you live in a cave? 5 Stars. Larry Scantlebury

Buy Sports Illustrated (1-year auto-renewal) Now

Just got this in the mail: If I allow SI to charge my credit card NOW for a subscription that isn't due to renew until 12/24/2007, they will send me 60 issues for $39.00, or .65 per issue. I have the right to discontinue this automatic billing at any time. So there is a very slight savings, somewhat offset by the fact that they will use my $$$ for an extra 9 months or so (recognizing that at the typical bank interest rate of 2%, that interest is worth about 50 cents, so I guess it pushes the per issue rate up to .66).

Read Best Reviews of Sports Illustrated (1-year auto-renewal) Here

Think I might go digital in the future. Mag is good to read each week. Might find a better deal as well.

Want Sports Illustrated (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I renew this subscription every year for my nephew, who is an avid sports fan. He loves the magazine and passes it along to his older brother each month. The subscription service is great, and renewing the subscription is very easy. I would recommend the magazine to anyone who loves and sports.

Save 86% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment