Tuesday, April 22, 2014

German Life

German LifeI'm finally ordering a subscription to German Life magazine. I've been buying it on the newstand for at least six months (maybe closer to a year), so I must admit to myself that I like it.

This is definitely a magazine for the German-American lifestyle. Each issue has articles about destinations in Germany, about German crafts, or an event going on. But the publishers are well-aware that the audience is in North America. so there are articles about geneaology and other topics of interest to the folks back home. And it may be worth reading simply for the advertisements -plenty of companies selling German goods have ads in here, so you can find a source from which to buy a beer stein or knockwurst.

Don't expect great literature. This isn't the finest, deepest prose you'll encounter, but then that's not the point. It's an enjoyable read, particularly if you want to take a virtual trip to somewhere else.

This magazine has beautiful photography and excellent articles.

It covers all of German speaking Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) as well as covering German events in the United States.

There are often historical articles and nostalgic pieces as well as news stories and editorials. I especially like the travel advice as it is often for areas off the beaten path.

I end up reading it cover to cover each issue

Buy German Life Now

I bought a subscription for my mother (Munchen born, still has accent) last year for christmas. I had never seen the magazine on a news stand, so I took a chance. She was very happy to get it and she said she liked the stories. Her complaint being that there wasn't enough in it to keep her interested or wanting a renewal. I glanced through a copy and echoed her review. She enjoyed the pictures and often took the magazine to work to show her co-workers places she had been etc.

If you are looking for a quick read with TONS of advertisements for wurst and other german items, get a copy.

Read Best Reviews of German Life Here

This magazine is excellent for getting to know the real German culture from top to bottom. Many people who have lived or gone to Germany only know various parts of Germany. This magazine shows the whole country. It not only shows the culture and aspects of the country today, but also its past. It also gives resources for traveling, health, cooking, and various indigenous products of Germany. It is really a good find for those interested in Germany's wonderful culture. It is mostly written in English with one article written in German.

Want German Life Discount?

I saw this wonderful magazine at the newsstand. I liked it so much I sent in my subscription immediately. I look forward to each issue and read it from cover to cover. There are articles on notable German, Swiss, and Austrian destinations, customs, and events as well as articles featuring German American points of interest. The photography is great. The book reviews are always informative. I usually end up making the featured recipe and many have been excellent. German Life is a wonderful magazine for all German Americans interested in their heritage; a real gem.

Some of my fellow reviewers complain that the magazine's articles aren't substantive. Hogwash! I cannot believe the smallness of some people. I truly appreciate the succinctness of the features. If you want a tome on German culture, visit the library.

Save 16% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment