Thursday, April 24, 2014

Skateboard Mag

Skateboard MagMy daughter (age 9) and I went into the local skate shop and picked up an issue of this mag as recommended by the young clerk. I thought it'd be good to look at since my daughter is showing an interest in the sport and we're thinking about a better board for her.

We thumbed through it together and I found that some of the articles were well-written and interesting, but some were really profane lots of nasty stuff and promoting an unhealthy lifestyle. There were also no female skaters and nothing good to say about women bummer.

So I let her look at the pictures and tore out some of the text probably 10 pages. There was a pretty cool DVD (an extended ad for element skateboards) that came with it that I think she'll enjoy. But parents should be aware that this is not kid-friendly.

The skateboard mag is the most legit skateboarding magazine available. If you're only gonna subscribe to one skate mag, this should be it. Another review seems really concerned about some "controversial" material but that comes with the skateboarding territory. be sure to grab this subscription even though it might have some naughty words in it.

Buy Skateboard Mag Now

My grandson is in prison and has been waiting for the magazine but nothing yet. I don't know who you can find out what happened.

Read Best Reviews of Skateboard Mag Here

This mag should NOT be listed under Amazon's "Skateboarding for Kids." Our son just turned 10 and his grandparents gifted him a subscription to this magazine due to our recommendation. Today, while at a local skateboard store, this mag was up by the register. The cover said "WTF?" in big bold letters. I was shocked and expressed my extreme disapointment to the store owner. She confirmed this mag is NOT for kids, but for older teens, young adults. Even a quick glance at the articles inside, they are so NOT appropriate for kids. I wouldn't even knowingly get this mag for our sons when they were older...too explicit in both language and sex. I immediately called my Mom and had her cancel the subscription to this mag. Our son is bummed to say the least. Is there a "clean" skateboarding mag published anywhere today???

Want Skateboard Mag Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment