Monday, May 19, 2014

Catholic Digest

Catholic DigestGranted, it is called 'Catholic Digest' but it lacks in the way too many Catholic publications lack: it doesn't get often enough into what it means to live out a Catholic faith in an everyday world.

It is very well-written, and has a sharp "Guideposts" or "Reader's Digest" feel about the look and tone.

Some articles in Catholic Digest can be poignant, but I want my faith challenged. I don't expect the depth of First Things, but I want to know how I can serve Christ Monday-Friday. Explain to me the Liturgy -why are various aspects of it important? What about what the Bible says about alcohol, or daily prayer? How about defining Mary's official role, dispelling the mistaken belief than she is equal to Christ (the question of veneration versus worship)?

The Protestant magazines are loaded with accounts about how God changed their lives. I'd like to see more of that. The Protestants have lots of Bible studies and that sort of thing in their magazines. Do I have to buy a Protestant magazine to learn how to be a better Christian? They're fine, but it seems with the long history of great theologians, someone could get a Catholic variation on all of that.

I think Catholic Digest is the best publication offered for Catholics. But I'd like more meat.

Anthony Trendl

I love Catholic Digest. Informative, entertaining and fun! I read it cover to cover and we discuss the articles and enjoy the entertainment recommendations too. Top notch Catholic magazine.

Buy Catholic Digest Now

Too many changes to the magazine recently. It has lost my favorite sections. I miss the crossword puzzles, word finds, Quiet Moments and Susan Koenig's articles. ):

Read Best Reviews of Catholic Digest Here

I feel short changed. I don't feel like I'm getting the value of the subscription in the content of the digest. Would not re-order.

Want Catholic Digest Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment