Sunday, June 1, 2014

Southern Lady

Southern LadyEvery time I get Southern Lady, it's like springtime any part of the year. The photographs are so beautiful! It includes articles on decorating, food, fashion and stories of southern women and just a general positive appreciation of life in general. No horoscopes, male bashing, scantily clad models or errant life advice just uplifting articles and photographs.

My absolute favorite part of the magazine are the articles about women who are entrepreneurs and fortunately, there are at least two articles like that in EVERY issue. I get so excited about that part of the magazine. If they ever drop those type articles, I will drop the magazine. But I don't think they will because I think those women make the magazine special and set it apart... especially because the articles do not mention any of the financial gain of the women, just their love of doing what they do.

It is so wonderful and inspiring to read about others who got creative and decided to do something for others, their families and themselves. I think the magazine's premise is not about being from the south, but is about enjoying the beauty and joy of life that can be found in the south.

************************************************************************************

2009 Update: It's almost Thanksgiving and I just got the holiday issue. I don't know what has happened over the past two or three years, but the quality of this magazine has gone down since I first wrote the review. You will probably still enjoy it, but I don't feel it is worth the price anymore. It seems to have a lot more ads and a lot less articles and photos of substance. I attribute this to the publisher adding more magazine titles in which they expound on certain themes that used to abound in their magazines a few years ago such as: Tea Time and Sandra Lee Homemade among others. I used to collect this magazine and loan them out to friends as they contained a wealth of treasure, but the past year especially has been pretty ho-hum.

Ephemeral visions of Royal Albert pink rose-patterned teacups, antique Spode teapots, vintage lace, and antiquarian books; snippets from my past four trips to England and France appear fresh in my mind with each issue I receive in the mail. Catering to the feminine lady who dances to a softer beat; who enjoys being a woman and all that that entails, this magazine is a respite of pure bliss. I often save my still-unopened newest issue for over a week until I can find that perfect little island of quiet time and alone-ness.....perhaps with a silver tea tray, a gathering of storm clouds outside the French door, a pretty needlepoint pillow, delectable candles on my pretty table. "Southern Lady" is a jewel, a rare find today.

Buy Southern Lady Now

Someone got me this as a gift. At first I tossed it aside but later on a cold, rainy day I picked it up again and was enchanted. This magazine is truly like taking a mini vacation. Every single article is either restful or inspirational. It's a little bit of charm and grace in a world that is frequently neither.

Read Best Reviews of Southern Lady Here

this is a "lovely" magazine! Can't wait to read it each month. It slows me down and makes me want to dream a little!

Want Southern Lady Discount?

Ephemeral visions of Royal Albert pink rose-patterned teacups, antique Spode teapots, vintage lace, and antiquarian books; snippets from my past four trips to England and France appear fresh in my mind with each issue I receive in the mail. Catering to the feminine lady who dances to a softer beat; who enjoys being a woman and all that that entails, this magazine is a respite of pure bliss. I often save my still-unopened newest issue for over a week until I can find that perfect little island of quiet time and alone-ness.....perhaps with a silver tea tray, a gathering of storm clouds outside the French door, a pretty needlepoint pillow, delectable candles on my pretty table. "Southern Living" is a jewel, a rare find today.

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment