Friday, July 25, 2014

Domus - Italy

Domus - ItalyI have enjoyed every issue of Domus that I've ever seen that's the reason my girlfriend ordered me a subscription for christmas. Now it is almost May, and over four months since the initial order was placed. I have yet to receive my first issue. My girlfriend has called several times, to which Amazon's [normally helpful] staff reply that "it is probably in the mail" and we shouldn't cancel the order. Sheesh! None of the customer service reps have been able to track the order. They claim they will call back, but we don't hear from them.

And what on earth is "please allow 6-8 weeks"?? We have allowed 6-8 weeks for order processing, another 6-8 for delivery. By the time I receive my first issue the featured projects will have been built, published, withered away, and torn down!! Instead of complaining, we should probably cancel our order, but knowing what a great magazine I'll be missing (and how dependable Amazon normally are) makes me believe them and continue to wait.

Domus is without a doubt one of the most beautiful magazines I have ever seen, but Amazon's negligence is damaging to it's credibility. Proceed with caution!!

Why else would we spend so much on a magazine unless we absolutely loved it?

Also, in response to the other review: I've had many problems with the magazine subscriptions through Amazon in the past (we have like 5 with Amazon) but it's all going pretty well now.

Buy Domus - Italy Now

No comments:

Post a Comment