Thursday, July 24, 2014

Vanity Fair July 2007 Africa Issue, Brad Pitt / Desmond Tutu Cover

Vanity Fair July 2007 Africa Issue, Brad Pitt / Desmond Tutu CoverI have spent years of my life reading and watching news about Africa, and it never matched what I experienced being on site. This issue of Vanity Fair portrays it ALL: the Good, the Bad, The Ugly, the Amazing and the Truth. For a fashion addict that I am, I never bought an issue of Vanity Fair and that day in the Hudson News store, the "Africa" logo caught my attention. When I opened the magazine, this is what got me to buy it, I read the following lines: "The media often treat Africa's 53 countries as a vast hopeless mass. `That hurts' writes one of Kenya literary stars who has a deeply individual tale of his country stunning political change and the emergence of the "Equity Generation"".

A fundamental statement is made in that sentence: it's not Africa, it's about 53 Africans countries, with different cultures, different stories, different lives, different histories...

This issue depicts Africa in its True Light and opens doors to:

the world to appreciate, to explore, to connect, to respect, to help Africa

Africans to embrace their homeland and fight for it

Every article is worth reading and gives hope to true journalism. I will buy more of this issue I started to do, to offer to my loves ones. I should thank Vanity Fair, the editor and guest editor.

I got sent an issue with the wrong cover Pitt is on it, Tutu not. Other than that the magazine is very interesting and has a lot of informing articles on Africa in it.

Buy Vanity Fair July 2007 Africa Issue, Brad Pitt / Desmond Tutu Cover Now

No comments:

Post a Comment