Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ranger Rick (1-year auto-renewal)

Ranger RickI had Ranger Rick as a child and wanted to make sure it was the same great quality. I wanted to check out the current Ranger Rick magazine prior to purchasing it for my children so I went to (NWF National Wildlife Federation's website). Hint: NWF is the organization that puts out the magazine. There I found out that there are two additional aged based magazines (simular to Ranger Rick) which are more age appropriate for my 5 and 2 year old girls. You can also view a sample of the children magazines by clicking on the kids tab in the upper right corner of the home page (or try ). I highly suggest previewing the three different magazines to get the correct age group. I ended up purchasing "Wild Animal Baby" (recommended ages 2-4) and "Big Back Yard" (recommended ages 4-7) from the NWF website since they are not offered by Amazon. All three magazines are advertisement free and a portion goes towards the NWF. These 3 magazines seem to be way better content material and with no advertisings compared with the Nat Geo Kids as described by the other parent reviews!

We have been getting this magazine for a year or two and are no longer going to subscribe because it is just so full of info about all the awful things humans are doing to the world. Don't get me wrong, I think conservation is good, but the stories and articles have become too grim. In the last issue, the ricky raccoon comic was about how humans are destroying gorilla's habitat in Africa because a certain compound that is required for cellular phones has to be harvested from the ground where they live. In addition, there was another lengthy article about how red squirrels are needing to be rescued in their natural habitat because humans introduced another type of squirrel to the area, not that that's not a valid issue, but it really put a spin on the magazine that humans are just "bad". I think everyone would be much better served if this magazine, targeted to children, focused on how amazing animals are and taught children to appreciate and respect wildlife; and in so doing, inspired children to treat nature respectfully as adults.

Buy Ranger Rick (1-year auto-renewal) Now

I was so happy to find a magazine that would appeal to my 7 year old nephew since it's not easy to engage boys in reading these days. I am a big Amazon fan & never questioned that I wouldn't be getting a good price on this subscription. That is until I went to a local Barnes & Noble to buy a preview copy to wrap up for Christmas! To my dismay, the subscription card in the magazine offers the same 10 issue deal for $15.00 paid directly to the NWF! I can't help but feel a bit ripped off...in fact for the price I paid, I could have gotten 2 years for that same price had I gone directly to the source! Since my nephew has not yet seen the magaine, I can't give feedback on the magazine itself. But for what I paid, he better like it!!! Moral of the story: shop around!

Read Best Reviews of Ranger Rick (1-year auto-renewal) Here

I got Ranger Rick when I was a kid, and I get it for my Godchildren now. My only complaint is that unlike anything else on Amazon's website, this magazine is actually more expensive than from the publisher. It's $15 from the National Wildlife Federation. I won't do Amazon the disservice of sticking a link in here, but you can search for it yourself. Sorry, Amazon. I would have rather bought it from you because of your fantastic subscription management services. Get the price down to $15 and I'm back in a flash.

Want Ranger Rick (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I grew up reading Ranger Rick, and now get subscriptions for it and the other two kids magazines published by the National Wildlife Federation (Big Backyard and Wild Animal Baby) for all of my nieces and nephews. They love the big pictures of animals, the goofy jokes, games, cartoons and activities. Just like I did, once they've read the magazine four times through, they love cutting up the photos for art projects, or trying to draw the animals in each issue. Ranger Rick is also a great gift!

Save 39% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment