Friday, October 31, 2014

News China

News ChinaAs a Chinese-American who has been residing in the states for almost a decade, I find most publications to be polarizing. They are either so anti-china to omit anything that has to do with its economic development and exaggerate in terms of their "human rights" violations: most notably the "correctional facilities for fa lung gong practioners". or only exalt the huge strides theyre making economically, omitting any social issues.

I find this publication to be the least biased one i have came across on China. It explored both sides of the issue. it explored topics i do not want to think about my homeland such as "involuntary hospitalization" and racism towards minorities. it has a very balanced account of all of today's happenings in China.

good thing all LA county libraries have this publication. no need to pay a dime.

This magazine is surprisingly enjoyable. People living in the US or Canada who have a connection with mainland China will be pleased with the variety and depth of the news presented each month. This is not a magazine that says "Rah Rah China" all the time either, it often exposes the missteps of business and political leaders, the current (and true) state of all Chinese society in general, and interesting coverage of the Chinese cinematic industry and the arts. All and all, a worthwhile magazine for anyone interested in Chinese current events.

Buy News China Now

It felt like the language barrier was gone, and I was reading a Chinese version of Forbes, or whatever. It comes out monthly, so I ended up reading it cover to cover. I had always felt desperately in need of more information on the worlds, soon to be, biggest economy. Now I feel I have it. Who would have thought, that after all or those books, after Rosetta Stone Mandarin, and all I could get my hands on, (plus a ton of money) it was really just a subscription to some obscure monthly that I needed! My thanks to the Brooklyn Public Library for having a copy in my local branch, at one time, for exposing me to this fascinating resource.

Read Best Reviews of News China Here

No comments:

Post a Comment