Monday, November 24, 2014

Vermont Magazine

Vermont MagazineIn the recent past, I've subscribed to Vermont Life. Unfortunately, that magazine was full of more advertisements than Vermont Life. I thought this year, I'd give this publication a try. What a wonderful surprise! I've received my 1st issue and its full of interesting articles about my beloved state. I realize that some advertising is a must, but it was refreshing to read this magazine.

One of the things I like most about Vermont Magazine is its home-town feel and appearance. The articles are written by Vermonters or those who simply love it and want to share their experiences. One thing that continually frustrates me about current magazines is the proliferation of advertising, much of it inappropriate. The advertisements are tasteful and most of them showcase Vermont business. There are a few in the current issue that have international products, but are associated with a store or event. For example, one can win a Sony digital camera in the Vermont Magazine photo contest.

There is a regular "Features" section that features four to six different articles. In the July/August 2012 issue there is one entitled "Jumping Off the Shelves," an article about Vermont's independent bookstores. In the March/April issue the is one about "Fred's Cabin," a Woodswoman-like article about a "hillside cabin [that] was built entirely from scratch." The magazine has evolved into a lovely magazine replete with excellent quality, full-color photographs and wonderful articles. Unlike its competitor, Vermont Life, this one still has stories this household anticipates and loves to read.

DEPARTMENTS:

* Heritage

* Towns

* Farms

* General Stores

* People

* At Work

* History

* Made in Vermont

* Homes and Gardens Photo Essay

* Pictures from Vermont

* Homes and Gardens Porch Living

* Homes and Gardens

* Last Word

The "Departments" do vary from issue to issue, but the listing will give you an idea of what you will be looking at. This is definitely a magazine anyone who loves Vermont will enjoy. Very highly recommended!

Buy Vermont Magazine Now

I got this subscription as a birthday gift for my 40-something nephew who is already preparing to retire in Vermont. I always knew he and his wonderful wife were smart kids !!!

Read Best Reviews of Vermont Magazine Here

No comments:

Post a Comment