Sunday, December 28, 2014

Taste of the South

Taste of the SouthI saw this magazine when I was on vacation in the south and subscribed immediately when I got home. I've yet to run into a bad recipe from this magazine. It reminds me of what Southern Living used to be before they changed it. A bit pricey, but you'll keep every dog-eared copy.

Three years later: As the original review below says, I loved this magazine at first. I bought all the available back issues and subscribed for three years. I did not resubscribe when the last subscription expired. Unfortunately, to me, the editors are offering fewer recipes in each issue and have increased the "travel" and "restaurant review" aspect. There also seems to be increased advertising in the magazine. I don't mind ads in magazines, I know that's what subsidizes the printing, etc. I don't want pages and pages about a restaurant in a distant city with a couple of their recipes. I don't want a travelogue. I don't want more advertisements than recipes, particularly ads for products that aren't even available in my area. I want recipes. That's what it's all about for me. The recipes.

I purchased a copy of this magazine at Sam's club, made the coconut pie featured on the cover, and I am sold on this magazine. I have since purchased a subscription from Amazon, and received the latest issue. These are usable recipes for ordinary people. No exotic ingredients (well the first issue required a cola drink available only in parts of the South but I made a couple of recipes substituting Coca Cola!), easy to follow recipes, and my husband LOVES that coconut pie recipe! Too, I've never successfully made my own pie crusts; used a recipe from that first issue and the crust recipe is better than excellent. I'm still not a pretty pie crust maker, but they sure taste good. You won't be disappointed if you like regular food.

Buy Taste of the South Now

I truly enjoy this magazine. I save it until I have time to set down and look

at it quietly.

Read Best Reviews of Taste of the South Here

I love good food and I love to cook. This is a great magazine. I look forward to each issue. I save each one I get. I just love this magazine. The recipes are yummy. If you like good food and love to cook this is the magazine for you. Charlotte Swincicki

Want Taste of the South Discount?

We love the magazine and various food displays and recipes, We are always impressed with Amazon magazine process and its renewal notification.......

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment