Monday, August 5, 2013

Elle (1-year auto-renewal)

ElleI happen to really enjoy Elle, I believe that they have an even balance between fashion trends, accessories, shoes, articles and interviews. I do wish they would place less celebrities on magazine covers and more models again, but it is nice to see your favorite singer or actress on a magazine, esp Gwen Stefani who is always gorgeous. The magazine does tend to lean more towards the left in terms of politics but thats fine with me, if that isn't your preference maybe another magazine would be better suited for you. That aside, I'd say that out of all the high fashion magazines Elle would rank right next to Harper's Bazaar but behind Vogue.

OK we KNOW that you have all the "fashion" magazines already or you wouldn't be checking out this review. You might even be thinking to yourself-how can I possibly justify spending any more of my hard-earned cash looking at pictures of clothes/shoes/bags I will never in a million years be able to buy? The justification comes from something called a "point of view" which this mag has in spades compared to some of the others. They post great suggestions on undiscovered quality literary finds, recognize the difference between looking at a design for it's artistic merits and actually trying to walk in 5 1/2" platforms, wonderful columnists like E.Jean give good advice--basically we are talking about a cross between New Republic/Time/Vogue--with that combo the price makes this mag a great buy!

Buy Elle (1-year auto-renewal) Now

I have subscribed to Elle for nearly 20 years and I have seen it change in recent years into more of a In Style type mag. There is increasing focus on celebrities, with one on every cover. I find this annoying--if I wanted to see Britney Spears or Posh Spice I would buy the Enquirer or People. I wish Elle would go back to featuring relatively unknown models instead of actresses. I think the recent change in leadership is causing the magazine to have an identity crisis. They can't really compete with Vogue but they're not sure who they should be...InStyle? People? Glamour?

Despite the recent turmoil however, it's still a good magazine. I love the book recommendations, in-depth articles, and of course E.Jean.

Read Best Reviews of Elle (1-year auto-renewal) Here

This magazine is nothing more than a bunch of ads. There are very few stories put at the end of the magazine and the articles don't match the headlines on the front of the magazine. I only paid $5.00 for the entire year but I won't be renewing or recommending anyone else to purchase this product either. Don't waste any more trees to print this crap.

Want Elle (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

If you are an Elle Fan than of course this is probably a good deal. I subscribed for a year, but didn't get much out of it. I prefer Instyle more. The articles didn't interest me. I gave it three stars because Amazon did it's job, but Elle is not as impressive.

Save 80% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment