Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fitness (1-year)

FitnessI bought my very first copy of fitness, intrigued by the contraddicting viewpoints. Personally, I like it. It's rare for me to find a magazine that has it all, most women magazines are either too shallow (only fashion and makeup) or too "homey" (cooking, house decorating, Martha Stewart style). I am 25, so I like fashion news and makeup suggestions, but because I am also married and have a child, I am interested in recipes and health. Additionally, I like to keep in shape so I like to keep informed on the latest great fitness videos and workouts. And to keep in shape, you always need some motivation, and the success stories featured in the mag are of great help. This magazine has it all. And that's why "Fitness" is probably not the peftect title, but more like "Women's Best" or something, unless there is already a magazine with this title!

But afterall, who cares? The title doesn't really matter, what matters is the content, and this magazine's content is good.

I read Fitness for the first time about a year and a half ago... and I liked it. So I subscribed to it for two years. Well, a year into it, I've decided it's just not for me. See, if you're like me, wanting to gain something out of reading a fitness magazine involves knowledge of how the muscles work, when to work them, what nutrients are best for them, and basic health, because let's face it ladies, even if you DON'T have a degree in biology, you know losing weight and staying healthy involves a lot more than a fashionable pair of hot pants or just a few crunches. You have to understand your body each person requires different exercises and different diets (by which I mean different types of foods, not an actual act of dieting) in order to look their best. So, if you want to gain the education you REALLY need to lose weight or stay healthy, Fitness isn't what you need. They've got great ads for great fashions and great UNREALISTIC looking exercise models (who personally don't have "perfect abs" or "sexy arms" they look like size 4 girls that haven't lifted a weight since high school gym class). A magazine like Fitness Rx is LOADED with information and women who look like they really work for what they look like something we all have to do in order keep our figures.

Buy Fitness (1-year) Now

I subscribed to this magazine for a year and found it a waste of money. Every issue has a girl in a bikini on the front (can't a woman look sexy in anything but?) And every issue claims to have "the best ever exercise for...." ok..what about the last 10 issues that claimed to have the same thing..those exercises are no longer "best ever?" I didn't like the fashion sections, and I also don't like how there really aren't any articles. When I subscribe to a magazine I'd like to be able to read it, not just look at pictures. The only thing I liked about it were the success stories..and even those seemed repetitive...are we only allowed fruit and grilled chicken??

Read Best Reviews of Fitness (1-year) Here

FITNESS helps give good, solid workout and diet ideas that are realistic to my busy life. But unlike the rest of the health and diet mags out there, FITNESS does not motivate you through there articles and then bombard you with a ton of ads for Chocolate Cherry Pies and "recipes that can clog your arteries in 5 minutes". Instead, FITNESS really stays true to the reader. They provide instruction and motivation along side of advertisements that support a healthy lifestyle!

Want Fitness (1-year) Discount?

I've gone through nearly every fitness genre magazine and found this one to really focus on it's namesake. With new exercise tips each issue and focus on both whole body conditioning and isolation techniques, there are great tips for people at just about every fitness level. there's also some nice fashion and style sections, but they don't bombard the mag. The cooking section is more than I can do, but the option is great. This mag covers just about everything to get you in shape and looking good-I highly recommend!!

Save 74% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment