Friday, February 28, 2014

Home Theater

Home TheaterThere are so few magazine publishers these days. This used to be a great magazine, but like so many other little magazines, it has been sucked up by a larger publishing house and the overall quality has suffered ever since.

It is interesting to read about the absolute best products that are out there, but it would also be cool and helpful to review all classes, from low to mid to high end. The truth about electronics is that you can get a huge improvement in quality by spending more, but once you reach a certain level of quality you have to shell out even more money for just small increments of quality. So why focus on the upper mid range and high end only?

Home Theater is my hobby and HTM was an excellent place to learn about the subject. They had engineers doing real tests and comparisons that had integrity. A few years ago the mag was sold to a large publisher who fired all the good people and brought in writers that should be working for Home and Garden Magazine.

The reviews we could once count on are now paid for by the advertisers so you can no longer draw any conclusions from them.

I am deeply saddened by the loss of my favorite publication.

Buy Home Theater Now

I have been a subscriber for about 5 years now. I love the equipment reviews! One reviewer complained that they only review expensive stuff but I dont agree with that at all. I have seen plenty of reviews for equipment that is priced for the average joe. Keep in mind though that home theater equipment isnt dirt cheep. Since when have tv's been cheap? Since when have good speakers been cheap? The magazine is about what equipment is going to be worth your money and provide a good experience not, "I got these bad boys for $50!" Anyways, another section I like in the mag is that they have articles and pictures of cool home theaters. Real theaters in peoples homes, not demo rooms in stores. As far as people having a bad experience with receiving the mag after they first order, maybe getting it here isnt the best way to order it. I dont know. I ordered my subscription straight from home theater mag (for the same price) or you can send in the typical paper square that comes in the mag. All I know is this, I will subscribe to this mag for years to come.

Read Best Reviews of Home Theater Here

This is one of the best Magazines ever, Or at least that's how Home Theater Magazine (HTM) would review itself.

HTM is a great magazine; they have an awesome editor, and great editorial columns. They have an excellent section listing all of the new HD video and audio products being released. HTM always does a great job of keeping you up to date with new technologies and FCC regs without making you read several pages of technical information. Additionally, HTM reviews both high-end equipment and low-end stuff most of us will actually buy. I've seen reviews on $30 mp3 players, and reviews on $15,000 amplifiers. The magazine is colorful, well laid out, easy to read, and is completely spotless of any offensive material.

Where does HTM fail? I have yet to see something reviewed below 83%. And it isn't unlikely that everything reviewed in any given issue will be 90% and higher. I suppose HTM doesn't want to loose demo equipment by shelling out bad reviews. But honestly, it's hard to tell when MAG is serious about a product.

At any rate, HTM is a great home theater mag. After all, it has a low subscription cost and in the end it is enjoyable to read. I give it 4 stars I can't be too critical on people just because they are too positive.

Want Home Theater Discount?

Always a good Magazine...wish they would try more brands of TV's in their reviews....and maybe less on the audio side of things. But that is just my 2 cents.

Save 78% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment