Monday, March 31, 2014

Just Crossstitch

Just CrossstitchThis magazine is stuck in the 1980's the style of most of the projects looks like stuff my grandmother would like (pictures of fruit and flowers). They rarely (although it DOES happen occasionaly ie: Blackbird Designs was in there last year, with a great project) include the newer artists or styles. The exception is the yearly JCS Ornaments special edition that is a must have, but I don't know if it is part of the yearly subscription. Most of the projects are still on aida, and most of them, again, are very outdated in style. I'd like to see more historical projects, more samplers, and more updated projects on linen before I will buy this magazine again.

I subscribe to almost every cross stitch mag available this one is one of the better ones, It has a variety of subject matter and black and white charts. Also has some nice comments. However, there is no what people have stitched section (Like the UK mags have) and very few articles for actual reading

Buy Just Crossstitch Now

This is the only magazine, I keep in my collection. I have used several charts to make gifts. I also trade some of my patterns with Cross-Stitchers all over the world. This is one I will renew for years to come.

Read Best Reviews of Just Crossstitch Here

My magazine arrived much quicker than expected (still waiting on another one that I ordered the same day) The projects are beautiful!! The cover of a bird and flowers is great, but inside is a pillow with daffodils on blue aida and it is stunning!! i have the DMC floss ready and I am waiting on 1-2-3 stitch ( a fantastic company!) to mail me my aida! The magazine has a variety of stylesso I am not sure what the other reviewer is looking atbut i really enjoyed my first issue and can't wait for the next!! I will be re-subscribing for sure!!

Want Just Crossstitch Discount?

I had not picked up this magazine in several years, and am so pleased with the current issue that I will be subscribing to it again. The magazine is targeted to moderately experienced stitchers, and uses a variety of stitches, threads, fabrics and techniques to bring life to what can be a bit of a rigidly obsessional hobby. They do not specialize in easy country patterns as seems to be popular in many of the other magazines, and rather than focus on a trendy new thread, they bring creativity and life to the threads you probably already have. I will be using pieces of one of their samplers to decorate altar linens. I wish their charts were in more than one color and wish it were available for the Kindle, but wouldn't change anything otherwise.

Save 23% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment