Thursday, May 15, 2014

Master Detective

Master DetectiveMy mother has been collecting various true crime magazines since the 1970s. Master Detective is one title that she has been consistently collecting, mainly because of it's high-quality writing. I have inherited my mother's interest and though I'm not a collector like her, I do try to read these magazines whenever I can gain access to them.

"Master Detective", in the vein of other true crime magazines focuses on real-life crimes both historical [dating back to the past] as well as contemporary stories. The stories are written with insight and clarity and make for easy reading. These stories are further enhanced with the accompaniment of archival photographs to do with the crime scene, the victim/c, the accused, trial etc.

Fans of true crime stories will appreciate these stories, though I have to caution these stories are rather morbid and not for the faint-hearted. It's rather difficult to obtain these magazines locally here in the US, unless one subscribes, and the price isn't exactly cheap. But, it does make for engrossing reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment