Friday, June 27, 2014

Crochet!

Crochet!This is my favorite crochet magazine. Like any magazine, I don't like every pattern in here (of course), but every issue has at least a few patterns that I like. AND they're always good patterns. Books bought online or at the store are hit-or-miss when it comes to good patterns. They often have patterns that simply don't work--they have too many mistakes. But this magazine is always well tested and good.

If you are looking for a lot of clothing patterns this is the magazine for you. I am constantly amazed at how many patterns they fit into one issue and the quality of design. I have been crocheting for 32 years and the patterns in this magazine inspire me to keep at it.

This is not your grandma's crochet. This is beautiful sweaters with wonderful drape, and modern design. They don't stop there...in addition to clothing I have also made some cute toys and beautiful afghans. The primary focus is on clothing, however, there is plenty to keep you happy for those times that you are not in the mood to do a wearable.

In addition to the wonderful patterns there are articles and how to's that explore new techniques.

Out of the past two issues I have made at least 4 projects from each one and have many more in my Ravelry queue.

Buy Crochet! Now

I learned how to crochet when I was about 8 years old. Now I'm in my forties and I don't think there's any crochet I haven't tried. I get bored with patterns for toys or to cover your dishwashing liquid container, etc.

I never get bored with this magazine. There are a mix of challenging to easy/intermediate patterns. They are outside the norm and I find that lots of times I can easily alter them to incorporate beads or whatever. I've made a few wearables for friends and family and it's so gratifying to see someone enjoy your work and get to wear a pretty much one-of-a-kind top. Also, crochet tops hide a multitude of "sins". I have a friend who has a nice figure but she's had a few children now so is uncomfortable showing her middle. I made her a top from a pattern from this magazine that had tight stitching at the top for modesty but I did a more openwork diamond type of pattern on the bottom that let her skin show through and she wore it lots of times this last summer. I'm working on another for her for next year and will give it to her for her birthday in February.

I really enjoy this magazine and hoard the issues to keep coming back to them as time allows. I think this is definitely one of the better crochet magazines and worth the money.

Read Best Reviews of Crochet! Here

No comments:

Post a Comment