Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kiki

KikiI picked this magazine up at our local craft store for my daughter who is 13. She has been asking for some magazines to look through for "fashion" and inspiration. The regular magazines that are widely available are either too "old" for her or too barbie-doll for my tastes. This is the exception! I know the magazine business is a tough business to be in, but I hope this one continues to flourish. Great inspiring stories from real young people...fashion that is more about personal style then what's popular or trendy...great art, information, and even drawing and journaling prompts. There were even some funky art/craft projects that we could work on together. I will be ordering a subscription for her for Christmas. Really a great find. Thank you!

Bought this magazine for my 9 year old daughter who loves fashion, art, and creativity. What she loves about Kiki is learning about the fashion world, the crafts, profiles of cities around the world all wrapped in a grown up feeling package. What I love is no ads, no articles about boys or dating, clothing showcased that I would actually let her wear and real girl models.

Thank you Kiki Magazine.

Buy Kiki Now

I have two fashionistas, ages 9 and 7. We LOVE this magazine. As a mom, I am very thankful for the great content that is AD FREE! You will not regret your subscription!

Read Best Reviews of Kiki Here

Kiki is a good magazine for girls who love fashion, but not just fashion like makeup and stuff. It has really good ideas for how to reuse old clothes and there are crafts you can make with recycled things. They go to different places that are fun to read about, like Paris and the Hershey Chocolate Factory. There is also a design contest in every issue and it is fun to try out new ideas. They have models, and it is fun to look at the different clothing and say "Hey, I have that" and then you can make your own outfit. Most issues have an article about a girl who has a business or a hobby--like one issue had an article about a girl who made comics, and another one about sisters who made jewelry, and another about sisters who made lip balm. I just really like Kiki. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it only comes every two months!

(From her mother: I love that Kiki celebrates real girls--their models look like your daughter's best friend, not a mini supermodel--and they teach actual principles of design and fashion as an art form, and encourage girls to explore their own sense of style. The content never encourages girls to mature too quickly, as many other publications aimed at teens seem to do--instead it broadens their horizons and helps them develop confidence and a strong sense of self. I could not be more enthusiastic in my recommendation!)

Want Kiki Discount?

We purchased KIKI magazine at our favorite local fabric and craft store: Fibernotion. Since then, we have fallen in love with it! Kiki is so much fun and my now 11 year old daughter looks forward to it coming every two months. The design is fun and it always has some great projects for her to do. There is an educational element ie, an article about keeping track of your money. They always highlight a foreign city; it's cultural attractions and history. There are design contests. My daughter, who doesn't think she can draw, entered an Umbrella Design Contest and was Honorably Mentioned! Diverse girls models clothing that kids can buy with their allowance, nothing fancy. I highly recommend Kiki Magazine!

Save 41% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment