Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Campagne Decoration

Campagne DecorationCampagne = French country. Borders bookstore was still in business when I found this magazine. Though I'm not French speaking I loved it and was given a subscription for my birthday. No need to be bilingual to appreciate the novelty of style. The study time I put into each issue makes the subscription price per copy excellent. The magazine took months and months for the first copy to arrive. Magazine was ordered in March first copy came in October. Still I would order again.

I actually have not yet subscribed, so this brief review is for the magazine itself. I bought an issue at a newsstand and have looked everywhere since for it. The newsstand never got in any subsequent issues so I plan to take the plunge and subscribe because it is such a lovely periodical. Though the subscription rate is expensive it amounts to the same price as I paid per newsstand issue. It is an even lovelier magazine than Cote Sud, which has always been a favorite. Campagne Decoration seems a bit more "country" in style, more traditional Provencal homes and decor. But it is an elegant magazine, not "twee" or too sweet and cutesy but rather reflects the charming, elegant style of that lovely corner of the world called Provence. The photography is exquisite, and as the other reviewer noted, you need not be fluent in French for the pictures say thousands of words. If you are a Francophile or love the South of France lifestyle, this magazine is for you.

Buy Campagne Decoration Now

No comments:

Post a Comment